Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners

ORIGINAL: chrisc

ORIGINAL: Cruehead

That would look killer. It makes me think though, I always get on-coming traffic flashing their lights at me when I have on my fogs on the GT....I can just imagine what drivers would do with 6 lights on.
i just realized a few days ago that most people who don't know much about mustangs think that those are our high beams...that could be why
That's definitely why they do it...That's why I just brush it off...Knowing that they just don't know how the world of Mustangs work!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:34 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Yea...I love driving and seeing our new mustangs with the foglights on [sm=smiley20.gif]

My father owns a 95' Continental R and when we were down in Daytona Beach for spring break two years ago I had turned on the foglights so that the car would look better. (all 4 lights lined up in a row) Anyways a cop pulls in front of us and turns off and then a few seconds later a cop pulls behind us and puts on his lights and pulls us over. He walks up to the car and says "It appears that you are driving with your brights on" my father then said, "No officer its my son who happened to put on the fog lights." and then pushed the button to turn them off. As the cop was starting to say something you hear a big skidding noise coming from the road next to us and a minivan slams into an Intrepid who was looking at us pulled over. You never saw a cop say,"uh... have a good night" and leave so fast.

I'm still waiting for a cop to look twice at me for having my foglights on.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gloves
Ren274u, you got any pictures with all 6 lights on?
I dont have a rusch, chevykiller does
Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

in order to educate the general population that cannt tell the difference between our brights and our fog, i think we should actually turn on our brights when they flash us
Old 12-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

That is exactly what I do...

I drive with all 4 lights on... when an approaching car flashes me.. I just lock my highbeams on... untill he flashes me again to turn them off!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

That is exactly what I do...

I drive with all 4 lights on... when an approaching car flashes me.. I just lock my highbeams on... untill he flashes me again to turn them off!
Thats exactly what I do in the Navigator or F150!!! To many people in lower riding cars like to flash the bigger vehicles because they THINK its high beams. Commons sense should tell them that if they see fogs on, then the brights can't possibly be on as well (unless you've customized your wiring).
Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Here's a pic - sorry It's in the day, haven't had time to get one at night yet. I'll be posting track video early next week and you'll see them on at night.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/97AFDD24521A4FB990CB9B0341821F6F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:27 PM
EdzRoush

Chevykiller,
Definitely cool! You say you only run them at the track though...any thoughts about legality of running them on the street? I don't want to get ticketed for blasting people with even more lights. I always run the grill fog/driving lights and have fun flashing the uninformed who think 4 lights must equal high-beams, and therefore my Roush fogs never get used.
Ed

[IMG]local://upfiles/22378/C4BF0EDE7F224B91A4295707E29F1FEB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: EdzRoush

Chevykiller,
Definitely cool! You say you only run them at the track though...any thoughts about legality of running them on the street? I don't want to get ticketed for blasting people with even more lights. I always run the grill fog/driving lights and have fun flashing the uninformed who think 4 lights must equal high-beams, and therefore my Roush fogs never get used.
Ed

[IMG]local://upfiles/22378/C4BF0EDE7F224B91A4295707E29F1FEB.jpg[/IMG]
I said I use them mostly at the track...lol I do use them quite a bit on the street and have never been ticketed. If I see one of our uniformed finest and he gives me a look, I simply hit the switch and shut him down till he gets past and then turn them back on. You probably COULD get tickets if someone was feeling like an a-hole, but it's never happened to me.

PS - I also figured if I ever did get pulled over, I would just use the, "what...your kidding...how did the wires get crossed....I'll have to take this to the shope 1st thing tomorrow....
Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
magootrp4

I just got my GT back from the dealer with the Roush Fascia and it is sweet. Does anyone have a play by play on how to wire the fogs together?

Quick Reply: Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners