Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS NOT STANDARD.....How ridiculous!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:10 AM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default ABS NOT STANDARD.....How ridiculous!!!

Hi guys,

I really just want to start this thread to get some opinios from other mustang owners.

I find it absolutley pathetic that ABS is not standard in such a powerful car like our mustangs, whether V6 or V8. I guess some people say the muscle doesnt really have anything to do with the ABS, but in my opinion a strong engine needs strong breaks. ABS was invented 25 years ago, is a substantial safety feature, and since 2004 is required on all cars built in and registered in Europe by EU law. I believe it was even required in Germany since 1997.

Why is this not standard, and what can we do to make it standard in the future. Unfortunately at the time when i purchased my mustang, the only sonic blues v6 on the lot were without abs.

I guess i should stop complaining now and next time order the features i want and wait, i guess its well worth it.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ABS NOT STANDARD.....How ridiculous!!!

ABS/Traction Control was listed as standard equipment on my sticker?!?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:18 AM
TexaStang
I ♥ Acer

GT's come standard with ABS and TC.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:16 AM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

I just checked on http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/features/ and the GT's do indeed come with it. I guess my post is directed to V6er's.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

my v6 vert came with them, it wasn't standard... but I didn't really give it much thought. Its to help keep the cost down as much as they can... If they gave all the features and opitions it would cost alot more and then people would complain about the base pricing...
Old 12-01-2005, 03:16 AM
diablito
1st Gear Member

Ok guys, Lemme just say that this thread is pointless because of course all mustangs come with anti-lock brake systems standard. It is clearly stated on the web page some one posted from ford. Look under 4 wheel disc brakes and click on it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 AM
diablito
1st Gear Member

I think you all are getting it confused with the traction control and ABS combo, this means that no traction control is incoluded, just the ABS
Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i have not seen any 05-6 mustang in a dealership without both of these (except for one bare bone one that had so little...including only a tape/radio player and...get this...ONLY ONE SEAT...so you get the point lol)

although not factory standard, they seem to all have them

but as for powerful cars with no ABS or TCS....check out the viper lol
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

diablito Date 12/1/2005 1:16:30 AM
Ok guys, Lemme just say that this thread is pointless because of course all mustangs come with anti-lock brake systems standard. It is clearly stated on the web page some one posted from ford. Look under 4 wheel disc brakes and click on it.
I didn't look to see what it said on any website, but I checked the window sticker of my V6 premium convertible and ABS was a $775 option, which included traction control. I nearly bought a V6 redfire ragtop until I realized that it did not have ABS. As stated in other posts, ABS being optional only applies to the V6's - GT's have it as standard equipment.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I felt the same way about the side impact airbags... especially on the convertibles... why would they NOT incude them? just another way to get anouther couple hundred bucks out of they buyer and make the MSRP sound lower then it would actually be...

Sort of like the TV adds that say you can lease a BMW 325 fully loaded for $350 a month.... Yea right.... if you put %50 down and only drive it 10k miles a year and pay another 2k on returning the car!

ALWAYS Read the fine print, all car pricing has hidden issues that are going to cost you MORE when you sign the papers to get what you truly need or want!

Quick Reply: ABS NOT STANDARD.....How ridiculous!!!