Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I met Stu Pididiot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default I met Stu Pididiot!

Get it? (Stupid Idiot) He was in a Firebird on the interstate late at night, taunting me to race him. Even my son I just picked up at work said...He want's to race you....race him Ma! I looked at my son...and at the other car and thought...which one is Stu? Then shook my head in disgust and said "Probably just a kid", I couldn't see the driver as I have pretty dark windows and so did that car. He zooms off probably doing 100 in a 70 zone and turns at the very next exit...I shrugged my shoulders and thought "Gee did he feel he had to prove something seeing an 05 Mustang on the road...what a STuuuuu Pidiot! Probably couldn't see I'm just a old lady driver! Plus I wish the town cop had been hiding there in the dark near the exit like they sometimes do...that would have been hilarious!

Do you get challenged? Do you respond or are you adult enough to ignore it? Just curious!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:57 AM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I met Stu Pididiot!

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Get it? (Stupid Idiot) He was in a Firebird on the interstate late at night, taunting me to race him. Even my son I just picked up at work said...He want's to race you....race him Ma! I looked at my son...and at the other car and thought...which one is Stu? Then shook my head in disgust and said "Probably just a kid", I couldn't see the driver as I have pretty dark windows and so did that car. He zooms off probably doing 100 in a 70 zone and turns at the very next exit...I shrugged my shoulders and thought "Gee did he feel he had to prove something seeing an 05 Mustang on the road...what a STuuuuu Pidiot! Probably couldn't see I'm just a old lady driver! Plus I wish the town cop had been hiding there in the dark near the exit like they sometimes do...that would have been hilarious!

Do you get challenged? Do you respond or are you adult enough to ignore it? Just curious!
Street racing carries an enormous amount of risk when the outcomes are merely bragging rights. With family or friends in the car, especially at night, just plain stupid. I'd be hypocritical if I said I never mash the motor or street race, but when I do it's when I have a perception that any mistakes will be born out by either myself or the other speed freak. I certainly wouldn't take on anybody on a busy roadway.

Err on the side of caution. If you feel the need, take a moment to weigh a negative outcome. With kids in the car, be a good example.

John
Old 12-03-2005, 01:39 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i had a similar incident coming home from work last week. two knuckleheads in a ricer gunned the throttle and wanted to race. when i looked over i just started laughing at them. you just had to see the car in it's primered glory with homemade rear wing and these goobers with their hats on crooked . they honestly looked like the retarded kids that put pens together at the rehab clinic......also it was raining!!!! the butt chisle riding shotgun got a little angry when i laughed at them then the driver mashed his lead foot down and they took off like...like...like...a ricer does.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

wildabouthorses - You did the right thing! Street racing is stupid and very dangerous. I've noticed since I got my 05 everybody and his dog wants to race. The last one had one of those stupid Neon SRT4 thingys. Fart can, wing, ball cap on backwards, the whole retard package. It was on a busy freeway. I just looked over at him and shook my head. Moron. I must admit that I have been known to partake the occasional "acceleration contest" but only on desterted stretches of highway where the only ones that could get hurt are me and the other speed freak. Nope street racing is just plain stupid. One should always resist the temptation.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:53 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I get that quite often when I'm out cruisin in the evenings. It is sometimes very difficult to control the testosterone
and stay off the accelerator, but I usually manage to. I kind of play with em a little just for giggles. I will often look over and give kind of a "Yah, yer bad, Ya got me" look and tell myself its the sane thing to do. Deep down I would LOVE to
just dust em off, but just knowing that I probably CAN very easily, is enough for me...
Old 12-03-2005, 12:49 PM
ClemsonAce
1st Gear Member

Good decision to not race. It really is just pointless especially if it's not gonna be a close race.

On another note, I've had my 06 GT for 3 weeks and have not had one person try and race me. Maybe everyone in my area knows better, lol.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:58 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

I have to agree with everyone, but a little guilty also. I don't go down the road racing, I just let then know I have power. But since I've install a saleen S/C, I haven't had any takers. Most of the time the other drivers get mad, and I even had one give me the finger. LOL
I like to go to the race track and have my fun there. I also have an 18 yr old that I need to show street racing isn't smart. BTW, he drivers there 05 only when myself or my wife is in the car.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:04 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

I did more than my fair share of road racing between 17 and 22, so I just ignore it now. I actually got challenged about 2 weeks ago from a Vet and RX-7 at the same time. Everyone in front of us must have thought we were going to race, because all the traffic started to pull to the right.. I never bit, but the other two went at it.

Sometimes it really sucks being responsible..lol
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

I would have paid to see the traffic getting out of the way...that is hilarious. Like kids on the playground making way for the bullies...

JC
Old 12-03-2005, 02:41 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I don't street race very often but when I do I do it when I am by myself. I would never do it if I had kids and they were in the car. You did the right thing.

Quick Reply: I met Stu Pididiot!