Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk to me about this car...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 06:58 PM
nameIess

Default Talk to me about this car...

hey all...
I'm new to Mustang. I've been looking for a car lately. I've had three options in front of me, the 350z, Mustang and the Dodge Charger.
After spending couple of days at a Charger forum I think I've reached to a conclusion that it is not the right car for me.
So I come here to the Mustang. I've always wanted a car that I would have fun with. A sporty car that I would race in, do burn outs and other crazy stuff.

To be honest I wasn't really a big fan of Mustang before. Actually I hated it before. But until they introduced the new design I loved it. So now it got the looks in adition the the feel.

I just want to hear more about this car from you all. And what kind of problems people been having with it?

I'm planning to get the GT. Not sure though a 2006 or 2005. Depending on the dealer. If they're having good offer on the 2005 (brand new) I might go for it. Unless there are some huge differences I might reconsider. Probably a stick (though I still don't know how to drive manual! but I will learn)

By the way... The only mods I'm planning is the stripes

thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:11 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Talk to me about this car...

ORIGINAL: nameIess

hey all...
I'm new to Mustang. I've been looking for a car lately. I've had three options in front of me, the 350z, Mustang and the Dodge Charger.
After spending couple of days at a Charger forum I think I've reached to a conclusion that it is not the right car for me.
So I come here to the Mustang. I've always wanted a car that I would have fun with. A sporty car that I would race in, do burn outs and other crazy stuff.

To be honest I wasn't really a big fan of Mustang before. Actually I hated it before. But until they introduced the new design I loved it. So now it got the looks in adition the the feel.

I just want to hear more about this car from you all. And what kind of problems people been having with it?

I'm planning to get the GT. Not sure though a 2006 or 2005. Depending on the dealer. If they're having good offer on the 2005 (brand new) I might go for it. Unless there are some huge differences I might reconsider. Probably a stick (though I still don't know how to drive manual! but I will learn)

By the way... The only mods I'm planning is the stripes

thanks in advance.
The mustang is the car for you my friend........unless of course you want a backseat and trunkspace LOL.

I highly doubt you could even find a new '05 GT anywhere.

Ford is not really offering any incentives on this car because it is selling so well.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:15 PM
nameIess

nah I wont need the back seats. Actually I never used them in my current car. And used the trunk only once in the past three years. Thats when I got a new sound system :P
Old 12-10-2005, 07:54 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

hey...u will really like the new 05 gt mustang stick and auto both are great and awesome i own the auto trans mustang i have no problems with it....untilll now the only problem is the brakes...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:07 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I was in the same situation; Mustang GT or 350Z. I ended up getting the Convertible GT because I DID want the back seat and trunk. I already have a Corvette in the garage that satisfies my two seat sports car need. The Vert GT will become my daily driver. It is an awesome car!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Hammermill
1st Gear Member

I too have always been a Z-car fan but if you like the classic muscle car look and ride go with the Mustang. The choice was easier for me, at 6'4" I just didn't fit in the 350Z.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:22 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

well because the 350z has a higher engine compression, it will not last as long as the mustang engine
other than that, they are pretty much similar

i too was in this situation, the reason why i went with the mustang purely for safety issues lol
also, after looking at it for a while, i decided...as my little 11 year old brother says...that it looks like a "badass" car

also, when i decide that i want to test drive the car, i fall in love with the interior...very roomy for the driver and passenger

safety, looks, roomy..perfect car for me
Old 12-11-2005, 01:17 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

The stock GT will outperform the stock 350z, but if the NISMO parts from the dealer are added, then the 350 will run and handle much better. The problem is that when all of the NISMO parts are added to the performance version of the 350, you were topping $35K+, making the mustang the obvious choice. Also the back seat and trunk thing.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

buy the mustang!! did you think anybody on this site was going to say anything but that? as you can tell just about everyone here has a sickness...persistant modifying disorder, it's very contagious so watch out!!!
mine is an auto and i love it. i got really lucky finding mine. someone had ordered it and bought an escape hybrid instead.(??????)! so they are out there but you got to keep checking dealer stock every week or so.
lately i have had a problem though, there seems to be some black sticky stuff accumulating on my quarter panels...i think the tires may be the cause after reviewing the issue.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:46 AM
mallan4929@yahoo.com

I went through the same thought process you are going through and ended up buying a 06 GT Convertible. Same on the styling - the pre 05 body styles did nothing for me either. I looked at 4 other cars in the same price/performance category, including the 350Z and came back to the Mustang because of the total "package" - it had looks, performance, fun to drive, good interior, room, etc... As for the reliability, I have been buying fords for both work and pleasure for about 20 years and think you should feel safe with the Mustang. I check the bulletins before buying and found no major/significant issues with the quality of the Mustang.

Quick Reply: Talk to me about this car...