Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my god!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 11:06 AM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Default my god!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent hours trying to do this cervini's side exhaust kit!!!!!! They said this was a complete bolt on exhaust kit, yea right! no instructions whats so ever! Now I have to take it to a custom exhaust shop to have them put this on! I did get the side skirts on and the rear bumper cover. The rear piece doesn't fit to good in some areas. I left it on to see if it could mold around the car some. I think I will let the guy up at FORD put it on after they paint it. i'll try to post some photos.
Here are some shots of the car with the kit on.
also the reason for so much problems with the exhaust kit, they didn't send me any hangers!!!
[IMG]local://upfiles/22487/A1AF389BBD2D4B7385DC0EE68D60DA07.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22487/53E2C5C1E59D4FB7A448B6BD60474B7E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22487/EB30E446EB1F4A3F953BD54490B93C4A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22487/94A367BA13824EC9858921BC5CCA2284.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22487/273D4EFC163F47DCADFE2FA301A35E8D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2005, 12:07 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: my god!!!!!!!!!!!

FastBackDan,

Thanks for the info. For those of us considering the Cervini's kit, this is a big help. Did you have the rear spoiler on your car or did you do the delete? Are you putting on the ducktail? If so and had the rear spoiler, how is it for covering the stock holes? With the exhaust, is it not bolting up or why do you need to take it to a custom shop?

Joe
Old 12-11-2005, 12:20 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I have the stock spoiler on their now. The exhaust comes in several pieces. You have two small pipes one which has a funny bend to it, then two bullitt style magnaflow mufflers, then a funny style exhaust pipe that you had to figure where to bolt it in 2 places on the bottom of the car. Now there is only one piece that will not fit on the exhaust area and looks as if it needs to be cut off. I will need to take it to a good exhaust shop up here to do it. Now the side skirts went on great, BUT the only thing is the skirts bolt in where you open up your door[:'(] I will need to paint the bolts. The rear bumper cover doesn't fit snug around the corners at all! I will let the roush guy up at ford play around with this. If I could return it I would! I think onces I get it done I will like it. Now for those who bought the complete kit go out side and shoot your self! I would return it or let them install it!
Old 12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Ouch! Now I'm scared. No wonder they charge so much to install the kit. I thought their install price was way too high but if the kit doesn't fit well and a lot of adjustments need to be made, I could see why it would cost that much. I thought Cervini was pretty good and their kits were good quality/fit. Anyone have any experience with them? Anyone else care to comment about their experience with Cervini kits for the Mustang? -Joe
Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

it's not uncommon for aftermarket pieces to come with no instructions. I guess they assume that if you know enough to order those parts you must know enough to install them LOL.....and we all know what happens when you assume something.

I have been in similar stiuations myself. Maybe if you post up some pics we can help you through the install.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:38 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I have some what figured out the exhaust problem, next is how to get the bumper cover to stay on with the 3m tape and the screws=( That why I left it on my car hoping it would try to form fit better. I'll speak with the ford guy and let you guys know.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Reminds me of my experiences with Roush and their damn hoodscoop. I bought a Roush one partially because of the name. I thought it would be high quality. Eh....wrong! Im on the 3rd one now and finally after a lot of work, it fits. But Ive been waitin months for them to get off their mules and send me a check for the painting, shipping, etc.[:@] Looks like ya cant buy stuff on Name alone. Its all about the money.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Krazed
1st Gear Member

I don't know how much experience you have with installing body kits, but I would never install one myself.

I got Cervini's side exhaust kit and their ducktail spoiler, and I sent it right over to my local body shop. I would never try to do that kind of work at all.

And I think you got a bad deal, because my side exhaust came with full instructions. And I'm talking more than one page too, with detailed pictures.

The body shop I used actually ending up returning money to me because the parts went on so easily. Of course my family's been doing business with them for about 7 years, so if it was someone they didn't know they probably wouldn't of refunded the money.

I didn't have any problems with the parts from Cervini's at all. The spoiler lined up directly with the stock holes. The additional two side pieces for the spoiler fit the contour of the car almost exactly. The bumper seemed to fit fine when I prepped it for the body shop. Same with the side exhaust. The body shop I used didn't mention any problems with putting any of it on.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:51 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I guess we will see. The side skirts went on just fine, as I said before the rear bumper sticks out from the side some. This is where the 3m tape will come into place. The install was easy 1/4 inch below the rear tail light drill no problem. The side skirts bolted up great. The rear area might need some sanding and smoothing to fixs some area's. The exhaust has 2 hanger's on each side, then off the h-pipe you do not know if you should place the mufflers or the extra 2 pices of exhaust pipe which is maybe 10 inches long one for each side?? One of these is curved and the other stright. Could you look under your car and tell me if you muffler is right after the H-pipe or not and which short pipe (curved or stright) goes on what side? By the way how does it sound? too loud or just right? Thanks alot

ORIGINAL: Krazed

I don't know how much experience you have with installing body kits, but I would never install one myself.

I got Cervini's side exhaust kit and their ducktail spoiler, and I sent it right over to my local body shop. I would never try to do that kind of work at all.

And I think you got a bad deal, because my side exhaust came with full instructions. And I'm talking more than one page too, with detailed pictures.

The body shop I used actually ending up returning money to me because the parts went on so easily. Of course my family's been doing business with them for about 7 years, so if it was someone they didn't know they probably wouldn't of refunded the money.

I didn't have any problems with the parts from Cervini's at all. The spoiler lined up directly with the stock holes. The additional two side pieces for the spoiler fit the contour of the car almost exactly. The bumper seemed to fit fine when I prepped it for the body shop. Same with the side exhaust. The body shop I used didn't mention any problems with putting any of it on.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Legend Lime
1st Gear Member

FastBackDan; Maybe you should do the unthinkable and call cervini's tech line and ask for some help!! I mean that's what it's there for, I just ordered the complete kit and I am sure that I will have some problems with it but I've been building cars amd motorcycles for 30+ years and nothing ever goes the way you want it to. Good luck with the rest of your installation and I hope it all works out.

Legend Lime
05 with shorty headers Ceramic Coated, Painted Caliper's, and 20x8.5 Ghost GT Rims by Blingz, with Nitto 255/35ZR20 Tires, Waiting on Kenny Brown Lowering kit to come in this week, Next the full Cervini's body kit.

Quick Reply: my god!!!!!!!!!!!