Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD (Found On Road Dead)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:54 PM
68to05stang

Default RE: FORD (Found On Road Dead)

Sorry that happened man. Hopefuly Jim Bass can set you up. I live in San Angelo and bought my GT from them just last month. Did you meet the guy with the hook? He was an *** the last few times I delt with him, on my 90 Mustang. If you have trouble with them let me know. I know a few of the higher ups there and should be able to get you on the road again.

Mike
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM
68to05stang

Also, on my Mark VIII, I went through three alternators in a row before I found one that lasted more than a month. I just sold that car this past week so hopefully the new owner won't have a problem. They pump out a ton of current in these newer cars and are under much higher stress then the older alternators of yesterday's 60 AMP models.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:00 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

You just had bad luck.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthedges05

Well I am driving out in the middle of West Texas....when all of a sudden my Check Charging System light comes on....then every light possible comes on at once...the radio goes out...lights go off.....EVERYTHING!! So as I start to pull over the car just dies on me....so when I get to a stop I try to crank it again...only to hear a loud CLACK CLACK CLACK and nothing happens....
Normally that means UFO activity doesn't it? Did you see any aliens or space ships?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

I prefer: F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge... but that's cause I used to only own GM.

After a trip to the dealer I had the same symptoms... turns out that they disconnected my battery to do some work and never fully tightened it down again! I fixed it myself!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:58 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 68to05stang

Sorry that happened man. Hopefuly Jim Bass can set you up. I live in San Angelo and bought my GT from them just last month. Did you meet the guy with the hook? He was an *** the last few times I delt with him, on my 90 Mustang. If you have trouble with them let me know. I know a few of the higher ups there and should be able to get you on the road again.

Mike
the guy has a hook? Like for a hand or something? Wow. I thought they had better prosthetics than that these days. Does he have an eye patch and a frilly shirt and say "aaaaaarrrrrgh" alot......because he could be a pirate. That would explain the sttitude [8D]
Old 12-12-2005, 10:31 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

question- the charge light came on then it died? even if the alt failed, the battery shoulda ran you an hour or so...so you didnt even get a light till it was dead? whats up with that?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
68to05stang

Seriously has a hook, maybe two that can grasp stuff sorta. Never trust a one handed mechanic!
I got into with the guy a few years ago when the key in my 90 Mustang got so hot I couldn't touch it to pull it out. I looked on line for a solution and found that FORD had a TSB on the issue that applied to Mustangs of that time. I took the car down to Jim Bass and explained the situation. He said (Capt. Hook) that there was no way that it could be caused by the ignition switch because the ignition switch was located down at the bottom of the column near the gas pedal. I threw the Bullsh1t flag on that one since I had all of the shop manuals and knew exactly where the switch was located, just behind the key cylinder. He then said that it would cost me $150 to change out a $12 switch. I then proceded to the autoparts store to purchase a new switch, installed it in about 15 min., no more hot key. He still works there, I saw him just two weeks ago when I had to take my car in for the tags and registration. I don't think he works on the cars, just points at things. Hah, I kid, I kid.

Man, I'm hooked on my new Mustang. O.K., I've got to stop.

Mike
Old 12-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Even new cars break down. Nothing is flawless. That's why they make replacement parts cause something will break sometime in the cars life.
I love my 2005 Stang. I got tired of dishing out $500.00 here and there for so many car repairs it made me sick or driving down the road and the car stalls out. Back in June, I said, "the hell with this, I'm buying a new Mustang no matter what it takes." Just don't worry about it, everything will be fine and you'll have that Stang back on the road in no time.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:24 AM
ss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gloves

ORIGINAL: jthedges05

Well I am driving out in the middle of West Texas....when all of a sudden my Check Charging System light comes on....then every light possible comes on at once...the radio goes out...lights go off.....EVERYTHING!! So as I start to pull over the car just dies on me....so when I get to a stop I try to crank it again...only to hear a loud CLACK CLACK CLACK and nothing happens....
Normally that means UFO activity doesn't it? Did you see any aliens or space ships?
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
West Texas isn't too far from New Mexico. Alien abduction was my first thought. Hee Hee Hee

Quick Reply: FORD (Found On Road Dead)