Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes H Pipe w/ SLP Loudmouth Installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

Default Pypes H Pipe w/ SLP Loudmouth Installed

Just got the Pypes o/r H Pipe in today from Brenspeed. Bolted them on to my already installed SLP Loudmouths. The jury's still out...Not sure I like it. The SLP's with the stock pipe was loud....but the tone was awesome. After bolting the H Pipe on to them.....it's almost obnoxious. Like open header obnoxious. Anyone else bolt on their H Pipe to SLP's yet?

P.S. On the bright side...The power gain is awesome!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:26 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes H Pipe w/ SLP Loudmouth Installed

This is exactly what I do not want to happen to me when I buy an exhaust. I have been looking at the slps and flows which are much different. I love the sound of the slps without and aftermarket pipe, but think that it could be ridiculously loud like you just stated. On the other hand I wish flows were a little louder without a pipe. So it all just depends on when I think i'll be getting a x/h pipe on my car for me to choose. My dad has magnaflows with a catted x pipe which sounds pretty good.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:04 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doobs

This is exactly what I do not want to happen to me when I buy an exhaust. I have been looking at the slps and flows which are much different. I love the sound of the slps without and aftermarket pipe, but think that it could be ridiculously loud like you just stated. On the other hand I wish flows were a little louder without a pipe. So it all just depends on when I think i'll be getting a x/h pipe on my car for me to choose. My dad has magnaflows with a catted x pipe which sounds pretty good.
i think the H sounds aweful unless you have a GT... my personal favorite is the flowmaster delta 40's because they're not as loud as the others so it wont be rattling your head, (or in the case of the SLP's, your whole neighborhood) and the Delta's have reduced interior ressanance.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

interesting because whackbag said he could tell any difference in the performance.
ORIGINAL: Cruehead

Just got the Pypes o/r H Pipe in today from Brenspeed. Bolted them on to my already installed SLP Loudmouths. The jury's still out...Not sure I like it. The SLP's with the stock pipe was loud....but the tone was awesome. After bolting the H Pipe on to them.....it's almost obnoxious. Like open header obnoxious. Anyone else bolt on their H Pipe to SLP's yet?

Old 12-17-2005, 07:43 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Is there any possible way you could post a sound clip? If you have a digital video camera..............

And, I'm thinking about getting the SLP LM with the stock pipe. How did you like it? Would you reccommend it?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

thats because slp loudmouths installed with an off road hpipe ARE BASICALLY OPEN HEADERS... there is no exhaust restriction past the manifold... try bolting your stokc mufflers back on and see if you like the sound... and i heard the flomaster and hpipe clip on brenspeed and i like it alot...
Old 12-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2GKT5

Is there any possible way you could post a sound clip? If you have a digital video camera..............

And, I'm thinking about getting the SLP LM with the stock pipe. How did you like it? Would you reccommend it?
I can't post a sound clip. I've already taken off the H-Pipe and put the stock mid pipe back on. To answer your 2nd question...I LOVE the SLP's with the stock pipe...been running it like that for about 7 months and would definitely recommend it for the sound.

ORIGINAL: Twister086

thats because slp loudmouths installed with an off road hpipe ARE BASICALLY OPEN HEADERS... there is no exhaust restriction past the manifold... try bolting your stokc mufflers back on and see if you like the sound... and i heard the flomaster and hpipe clip on brenspeed and i like it alot...
Twister-
I thought about that...but don't have the stock mufflers anymore....sold em. I would consider keeping the H-Pipe and dumping the SLP's for the stock mufflers...strictly for the HP gain. Unfortunately, it's not an option because I don't have the stock cans. I guess I'll just stick with the stock mid pipe because I don't wanna drop a few hundred dollars on new mufflers.

The sound clip of the SLP's with the H-pipe on Brenspeed sounded killer...but in person, I personally didn't like the sound. Sounded like a top fuel funny car. I actually thought I did something wrong with the install...but with only 8 bolts and a clamp at the H section...there's nothing I think I did wrong with the install. I'm gonna talk to Brent tomorrow...see if he's got any ideas...because it sounded bad.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 AM
baginoman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cruehead

Yea but did that SLP tone still sound the same?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baginoman

Yea but did that SLP tone still sound the same?

The SLP tone is in there somewhere under all the open exhaust...
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

i bought the o/r x pipe from breenspeed. that thing was insainly loud. so loud the cops where waiting at the end of my strret one morning as i went to work the same time everyday. needless to say i had to buy some stock mufflers and i actually love the sound now. still loud but not bad, and when i get on it, you would never think its stock muffs

Quick Reply: Pypes H Pipe w/ SLP Loudmouth Installed