Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottom stripe peeling off

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:46 PM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

Default Bottom stripe peeling off

Any one have any problems with the mustang stripe at the bottom of the doors peeling off? I just finished washing and waxing mine and noticed part of the 'M' came off on the passenger side and the triangle in the 'A' came off on the driver's side door.

Is this a common problem? Anyone have them removed?

Next trip to the dealer for service, I'll request for them to remove the damn stripes.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bottom stripe peeling off

ORIGINAL: fso119

Any one have any problems with the mustang stripe at the bottom of the doors peeling off? I just finished washing and waxing mine and noticed part of the 'M' came off on the passenger side and the triangle in the 'A' came off on the driver's side door.

Is this a common problem? Anyone have them removed?

Next trip to the dealer for service, I'll request for them to remove the damn stripes.
[sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif]
I agree....rip them ***** off
[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 12-18-2005, 08:42 PM
roland
1st Gear Member

Find a loose corner and keep pulling with even pressure......the sidestripe is redneck looking anyway,
Old 12-18-2005, 11:49 PM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

I am going to wait for mine to start peeling and then just get them removed. The white stripes on sonic blue look kinda weird, but I've seen other combos, like black on windveil, that don't look so out of place.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:12 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: roland

Find a loose corner and keep pulling with even pressure......the sidestripe is redneck looking anyway,
^^^What he said +1^^^

Ripping them off is one of the best exterior mods you could do to it.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:32 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

The triangle in my A's are starting to peel. Originally, I didn't like the stripes. I specifically ordered my 'stang without them, but that order fell through and I found this one. Since, I've been pretty cool with them. Most 'stangs in my area, or the ones I've seen, don't have stripes on them.

If I ever take em off, I'll probably look into getting racing stripes.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

you can take them off yourself... they're just big stickers- just wash it when your done
Old 12-19-2005, 11:09 AM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I bought a nice set of matte black to go on mine. I like the way the wording is closer to the front of the car
Old 01-03-2006, 10:50 PM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

I finally took them off this past weekend. I didn't want to damage the paint underneath by just pulling on the stripes.
My brother suggested using a heat gun to help loosen them off. I didn't have a heat gun but used a hair dryer(I think a heat gun would create too much heat and damage the paint).

The hair dryer applied just enough heat to loosen the stripes and allow me to pull them off. After that, a wash and wax to finish it. Looks great now. No visible artifacts from the decal left.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:16 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'm taking mine off when it gets warm enough to give it a hand wash... i think it looks a lot cleaner

Quick Reply: Bottom stripe peeling off