Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Blower ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 AM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Blower ?

I'm getting a weird sound coming from the charger. If I feather it just on the edge of the charger coming in I get a loud noise. I don't really know how to explain it. I also heard it in 3rd while at full throttle. By the way the new JDM mods (pulley,CAI,Xcal are great. I just can't believe saleen sells the charger with that junk program. No more shifting problems, throttle response is perfect and the car is 10 times as fun to drive.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Blower ?

Check your supercharger oil level. ASAP. Can you describe the noise better?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

the supercharger whine? lol
Old 12-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

The whine is the best part man!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Anyone have the Roush Super Charger?? I know they take over the warranty of the drivetrain for the life of the existing one, Im wondering about the comparison of the performance between the 2. From my understanding you cant custom tune it with the Roush SC so Im wondering if the existing program is too safe?? Like I hear the Saleen one is. Its supposed to put out another 110HP & 6-8lbs of boost....

Anyone support this with experience?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:12 AM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

I couldn't figure out how to check the oil level. It sounds like to me that the wastegate is fluttering. I put the smaller pulley on last night an didn't have time to change the belt. I think it was slipping . I changed to the smaller belt tonight but I'm still getting the sound. More so when its cold. The JDM program is a 100% improvement but the car is still weak at the 2-3 shift do you think gears will solve this problem.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:22 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

You put a smaller pully on...but still used the larger belt...and drove it?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:07 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

WTF?? No support from saleen ???
I have just started instal of roushcharger on my05 roush and it has 3 year warranty with it
Old 12-29-2005, 03:24 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

I think a lot of the problems after seeing what is involved in the Roush install is people screw around with the install as per the roush says not cai in their kit they supply everything to build the air kit. Why would some one us underdrive pulleyon s/c system. I had a k&n filter on mine and xcal2 tuner and it is comming off with the install. too many people out there think they know what they are doing and they don't I have sent my pcm for flashing and i have more trust in Roush engineers then some of these so called tuner experts. ( my rant of the day)
Old 01-01-2006, 04:24 AM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

TMG the car drove fine I only ran the car for about 5 miles. Saleen didn't really have an explaination for the noise I'm just wondering if anyone else that has a Saleen unit is experiencing the same noise? Don't get me wrong the car is strong in 1st and 2nd but third is a little weak. Has anyone figured out how to make an auto run in third? Does the car need gears? Our dragstrip has been down since Katrina but we are hoping to open next weekend I will get some numbers and post them. If you guys are looking for a place to run this winter come to Hub City Dragway down in sunny MS.

Quick Reply: Saleen Blower ?