Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available!

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

You have to understand that the vortech is centrifugal and makes higher boost with high rpm. The KB twin screw will pull the same HP as the vortech with lower boost levels, i.e. easier on your internals. Also the KB can go up to around 22 lbs of boost so it has mad potential if you rebuild your motor. It is a FACT that the screw blowers are easier on your engine than centrifugals so I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. If they had ANY screw blowers available when I built my car I would have gone with one. Like I said, if I can get around 3.5K for my vortech, I'm going to make the switch. I personally think you can do a pulley swap and get the the KB to put out about 500-520 RWHP on the stock motor with a few other engine mods. It really is debateable and depends on the car. I know guys who have blown stock motors with 440 RWHP and I know other guys who are running over 500 RWHP on the stock motor with no problems. On the flip side, I know guys who have completely rebuilt their motors and blew them on the first pass.

Welcome to racing my friend - the sad truth is you really don't know what you need to work on until you break something. And when you start building your car for drag racing - you ARE going to break something - it's just a matter of what and when. (if you want to be fast anyway) If that's something that you aren't okay with, then I strongly suggest people build their cars for street use only and keep the HP under 430 on these cars.
+1 - I like the affordability and ease of installation of the centrifugal huffers but there is no substitute for a twin screw. All the power is right there, all the time.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:03 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Finally Kenne Bell twin screw s/c are shipping and available. We just received 2 at my shop and you can contact adam at ST Motorsports from the link if you're interested. They look awesome and install is going on as we speak. I Will post dyno charts and info next week from a stock GT with kb s/c.

www.spankintime.com
where on that website does it say anything about the kb.... i cant find anything

is this your car? http://www.spankintime.com/gallery/image007.html

lol is this you?? http://www.spankintime.com/gallery/image008.html
Old 12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

here it is on the kenne bell website

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...gt05-06_3v.htm

That looks killer. with performance to boot!!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: andyman

Finally Kenne Bell twin screw s/c are shipping and available. We just received 2 at my shop and you can contact adam at ST Motorsports from the link if you're interested. They look awesome and install is going on as we speak. I Will post dyno charts and info next week from a stock GT with kb s/c.

www.spankintime.com
where on that website does it say anything about the kb.... i cant find anything

is this your car? http://www.spankintime.com/gallery/image007.html

lol is this you?? http://www.spankintime.com/gallery/image008.html
Yeah - that's my car at the early stages of build - Fresh from Roush...LOL. And that is actually SMP (Steve) in the picture. I WISH I was that young... LOL

Also - I just posted up the site for the shop phone #. Adam is an authorized dealer and can get one in 1-2 days. (for those looking to buy)
Old 12-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

What are they charging for the kit? It is cooled?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

Killer,

When you do post some numbers could you please maybe post some good pics and give your honest feedback on the air intake setup. I know they say it wont be a problem in rain, but i can't imagine it not getting wet if you are caught in a bad rain storm.

I was waiting for these twin screws to come and I just havent seen a good visual of the intake on the KB system to say yeah its not going to get wet.

Thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 02:36 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I love the intercooler.. its more like a heat sink.. haha.. stick with the vortech It dont make since to jump ship for a split second responce in lower rpm's Throw on some 4.10's and everything will be alright
Old 01-01-2006, 03:34 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I love the intercooler.. its more like a heat sink.. haha.. stick with the vortech It dont make since to jump ship for a split second responce in lower rpm's Throw on some 4.10's and everything will be alright
The truth is I have already spent too much time and money on the new 302 stroker and nitrous set-up to accomodate the vortech, it would be stupid to sell it now and start over. But it was a thought??????? LOL I'm going to make more than enough power with the Vortech and NOS.

PS - I already have 4.10 and thinking about going 4.30's when the new set-up is done.

M - I will take pics within the next week and post them in a new KB thread. I'm also waiting for completer install, dyno, and test drive before I give any real opinions. The only thing I know now is it looks damn good and supposed to have great potential.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

have you gapped new plugs? if so have you seen any residue (sp?)
Old 01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

For fun daily driving its hard to beat the roots style blowers. I've had both. For racing only the vortech will probably outrun the saleen or KB.

Quick Reply: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)