Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Problems w/2005 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Major Problems w/2005 Mustang

Tammijoe,

Firstly, check this website:

www.autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon2.html

Every state has a definition of "lemon" that the courts recognize. Make sure that your particular circumstance fits the "lemon" requirements. Normally that circumstance is predicated on two criteria:

1. Number of repair attempts
2. Days out of service

Also make sure that in your sales agreement you didn't foreclose your legal remedies by assenting to an arbitration agreement. It normally will say "in the event of some problem, I agree to hold harmless ________ and arbitrate...."

Even if you haven't met the requirements for "lemon" status or you mitigate you legal recourse--you still have remedies under a federal statute called the Magnuson-Moss act. It is a federal act so no state procedural roadblocks will inhibit you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. I deal with contracts all the time. I CANNOT ACT IN THE CAPACITY OF LEGAL COUNSEL (exculpatory clause) but I can provide some friendly advice.

Good Luck TammiJoe.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:01 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

ORIGINAL: Wadatai

Trade in the mudstain and BUY AN ACURA!!!!!!!!!!
whatever the problems, mustangs will always be a much better looking/sounding/safer car (even to unbiased folks that own neither), and any mechanical stuff can be fixed.

tammiejoe- pm sent-
well said,

say arent you a Li member? I'm Jtek from Li, i think we talked a few times on IM, im into fords now too, go fig If you arent from Li, then nevermind.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you may need a lawyer. I have a cousin who had a lemmon and he had to finally get a lawer to get any satisfaction.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:32 AM
dirttrackracers90

HI..I can relate to all your problems...and it is very heartbreaking too. I posted a thread awhile back with similar problems. I couldn't get any help from FORD...the Dealer...I eventually traded the Mustang off on another. I felt like there was no one anywhere that was gonna get the car right and during all this I lost trust in the car. Good Luck...best wishes, I know it's frustrating and to me it was very embarrassing.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

First off I want to thank everyone for all their concerns and advice. I also want to say that I do not have any hard feelings towards the Mustang. I truly love my Stang and would like to keep it. I don't want anyone to think that Mustangs are a bad car choice, it is that you tend to have problems with first year models when they change the body style and I knew that having been in the auto buisness for many years, it is just I got the one with the problems. I do have a update.....I phoned the dealership and they have the new part in house...[sm=groupwave.gif] yeah!!!! They informed me that they will start working on it this afternoon and it should be ready by late tomorrow, but that the service mgr wants to drive it home again and check it out....so hopefully it will be ready by Wed....but my husband says we are not going to pick up it up until Friday...he wants them to drive it a few days not just one. That is going to kill me,[], but I guess it will be worth it in the long run. I will let everyone know what happens. Thanks once again.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:36 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Update!!!

Hey everyone I hope this leads to good news..... I just got a phone call from a Mustang Engineer in MI. He to inform me that he was giving me a heads up on my Stang. He said he was aware of my problems with my Stang and that he had talked to my service mgr and tech about my problems. He said that the new part would be on the car today and that he was sending a Ford Rep to look at my car on Thursday to go over it with a fine tooth comb to check it out. He said he wanted to do anything he could to make sure it doesn't break down on me again before he handed it over to me. I know they can only do so much and can not make me a 100 % guarantee it won't ever break down but they are going to do their best. I want to once again say I am Thankful for everyones help in this matter. I will let everyone know at the end of the week how things go, lets just think positive, and say a few prayers that it does.

Thanks once again everyone!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 PM
girliemustang
1st Gear Member

Good luck! We had a problem with our 04 F150 (new body style) and had to lemon law it. We contacted Ford and they took it back. No lawyer. Painless. Let me know if you need that # if you still are having problems. I should have it somewhere.

girliemustang
Old 01-11-2006, 02:48 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

We're all rooting for you and your stang. It's no fun, particularly when you like the car in general. We had a Ford Windstar van (the wife's) that kept stranding her with an electrical problem. Eventually, the dealer took it back and gave us a brand new one. No threats, or yelling. We were just persistent that my wife could not be stranded at night, from a personal safety standpoint. I guess they agreed. Keep us posted, and good luck!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Well guy and girls yall are going to get tired of hearing from me. I called the dealership this afternoon......well as my luck would have it....they ordered the wrong d@** part. I just about lost it.....I asked if they are going to rush the part...all they could tell me is that they are locating it. I think that was my last nerve. I am so upset. So I guess I won't be getting my Mustang for at least another week. I sent the Mustang engineer an email but have not gotten a response yet. I trying to think positive but something just keeps shooting me down. []
Old 01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

Ya know... everytime I see this post back to the top I cringe. You are having such a horible time with this and I wish you the best of luck in getting it resolved ASAP. Having the carrot so close then being beat with the stick is no fun at all, and your situation is sooo like that... make them give you a GT to drive while yours is in the shop!!

Quick Reply: Major Problems w/2005 Mustang