Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"door guards" ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

Default "door guards" ??

Just purchased a "Program" Satin Silver Mustang V6... The car has "door guards?" painted the same color as the car on both doors only (not on the rear quarter or behind the front tires). Looks ok, and can save on anyone dinging the car, but are they factory? the paint looks the exact same. Car was built 12/04. I have looked and looked for pics, but cannot see any cars with the guards. Anyone know or seen the same? Is it because this was a fleet or dealer car? I have posted a pic of the car below

Thanks for any help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26988/2F0EF8E8B6174DF6A48B69F60BCDF7AA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2006, 03:10 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: "door guards" ??

according to the order lists, they are optional from ford for fleet sales only...guess rental fleets often ask for them to protect their investment, Ive never actually seen a set until yours...I dont know if rental fleets normally remove them before reselling cars? I never really cared for side mouldings, but they sure do save a lot of sheetmetal problems if you ever park in public lots(like who dont?).

look over at themustangsource.com in the 2005-06 timeline, theres pdf's of the order guides and a lot more info...
Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

funny, last night I was thinking...

what if someone made a set of bodyside mouldings in the size/shape of the 69 mach1 stripes???

I think if they did I would buy them. Theres a guy in one of the forums with a cobrajet/mach1 styled 05 that is beautiful...one of the best looking 05's Ive seen.

I wouldnt have thought the stripes would have 'worked' with the 'hockey stick' bodyline, but it looked great...
Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

Thank you very much, it is nice to have a car with 'limited availability options' I am still not sure if I like them or not, but I am leaving them on for now... Thank you again

Steve
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

My next door neighbor had them on her 05 coupe, and it was a fleet car resale. It was weird have two 05 stangs parked in side by side driveways. She moved so it worked out.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

take them off they dont flow with the car
Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Remove them, they detract from the lines of the car. You can always add back later and I don't think you want to advertise that you have a fleet purchase car anyway. HairDryer and some patience will do. GooGone to remove any remaining residue. ...Jim
Old 01-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

I've seen a few 05's on the road with the body side moldings. I bought a set from my Ford Dealer. Like anything else, it's a matter of personal taste, but I've gotten a number of compliments on them. Here's a photo.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:53 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Hey Kiss Fan, when you purchased the side moldings did you have to get them painted or did they come painted???
I don't think they look bad, I already had a ding on my drivers door because some dumb@$$ hit my Stang with their door. I try to park a safe distance and even go out of my way to park far out to avoid this kinda of stuff. I repect other people's vehicles I just wish everyone did that as well. So I am thinking about getting some of these. I guess I shoud count myself lucky it hasn't been keyed like some have had theirs done......that would really burn me if someone did that....[:@]
Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

I think I would rather have dings in my door than have those things on the side of my car. They put those on Corvettes a few years ago also and they just looked wrong on that car too.

I just park further out in the parking lot, preferably on the end of the row so I'm not as close to other people's doors. So far no dings at all.

Quick Reply: "door guards" ??