Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apologies, coffee and other niceties...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:23 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Apologies, coffee and other niceties...

ORIGINAL: Wadatai

ORIGINAL: 5xStang

In other words a moderator just reminded him that trolls are unwelcome in any forum. Unfortunately trolls usually are not gone until the big Billy Goat Gruff throws them into the river.

In other words he'll eventually disappear when he gets banned.

THANK YOU FORUM MODERATORS FOR KEEPING THIS FORUM CLEAN!

This really is a great place to get information on Mustangs new and old, and everyone should feel free to ask questions and to brag about their pride in their cars without some "people" feeling like it is their job to force people to "defend" anything.

Anonymity can sometimes do strange things.
Hey Bro,

Actually, no, the moderator that contacted me didn't threaten banning me. In fact he was quite respectful as we communicated back in forth 4 or 5 times. He didn't ask me to leave the forum nor did he ask me to stop posting. He indicated that there was another forum that may be of more interest to me and he pointed out that some people took issue with some of my posts. He also acknowledged some of my posts were helpful and informative...a fact lost on many here unfortunately.

More than anything the moderator expressed an interest in avoiding any hostility and off topic conversation that could lead to people not enjoying the experience of a community devoted to this car culture. So please do not feel as if some formal reprimand occurred. Rather, a friendly exchange that resulted myself having a better understanding of this forum's geography.

AND THAT, FOLKS, IS WHAT A MODERATOR OUGHT TO DO....CLARIFY AND KEEP THINGS PEACEFUL.

GGIII, I appreciate your apology. And it was certainly classless of me to respond to someone's joy with critical words.

5xStang, I'm not going anywhere Bro. I will be hanging out and responding to posts.
Yeah whatever you say. Now you are getting funny. Since you are really respectful and a nice guy, and apparently most of the members on this forum, myself included, are just to thickheaded to see it, you could start showing your intelligence and etiquette by actually adding to a mustang discussion.

Aside from some rookie law student legal advice, I am yet to see you post anything but anti-mustang venom. "I'm not going anywhere" is the threat of a troll. Please keep it up, rookie. These things have a way of cleaning themselves up.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:02 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Can we move on now? As someone new to the forum I appreciate the collective knowledge that I can draw on to improve my car. All this time (posts) wasted bickering back and forth for the apparent fun of it detracts from the purpose of the forum. Let's talk mustang, or I'm tunin' out.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Can we move on now? As someone new to the forum I appreciate the collective knowledge that I can draw on to improve my car. All this time (posts) wasted bickering back and forth for the apparent fun of it detracts from the purpose of the forum. Let's talk mustang, or I'm tunin' out.
I agree with this guy 100%.