Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apologies, coffee and other niceties...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

Default Apologies, coffee and other niceties...

It was just brought to my attention that I am in the wrong forum for my unique perspective.

I thought this was just a general forum discussing all things 05-06 Mustang. I failed to notice that this is a techinical thread. I apologize for bringing unecessary conversation and posts into a thread specifically for technical discussions. If you can't forgive me for disliking mustangs, forgive me for posting in the inappropriate forum.

So though I will still be frequenting this thread (and providing on-topic responses) I will take my import loving @$$ to the appropriate forum (Street/Strip I believe is the name of the forum) and continue posting there.

Thanks for all the kind responses and I apologize for any hostility that attended my presence here.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Apologies, coffee and other niceties...

Oh and this is a response that I was writing to GGIII in a thread that was recently locked:

"I appreciate it bro. Not saying I'm an angel, but I think some of the things that I said were misinterpreted. I know a lot of that is my fault. I forget that things don't always read the way the author intends for them to. For my part in that confusion...I apologize. "
Old 01-08-2006, 09:51 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Well then. Problem solved.

I doubt you can be on topic, though.

[Edit:] I appreciate the apology. For my intense hostility (caused, no doubt, by a swell of "Why the hell are you in here?!" emotions) I must also offer my apologies. I rather like the S2000 and out of my top 5 cars of all time the RX7 and Supra are #3 and #5, respectively.

As long as you can remain on topic and keep the name calling to yourself, it's all good. I really had no big problem with you untill you started bashing in the "I just got my Mustang today! Boy am I happy!" type threads.

If you can keep that kind of stuff down then, by all means, continue your posting.

I wish all of this could've been avoided, though.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:18 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

well.. then.. all is good again..... soo.... ummm.. what do we do now
Old 01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Go back to posting 1/4 as much per day. =p
Old 01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Smoke some crack, maybe pick your nose, whatever ya feel like doing now!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:24 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

the ghey runs strong in this thread
Old 01-08-2006, 10:31 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

In other words a moderator just reminded him that trolls are unwelcome in any forum. Unfortunately trolls usually are not gone until the big Billy Goat Gruff throws them into the river.

In other words he'll eventually disappear when he gets banned.

THANK YOU FORUM MODERATORS FOR KEEPING THIS FORUM CLEAN!

This really is a great place to get information on Mustangs new and old, and everyone should feel free to ask questions and to brag about their pride in their cars without some "people" feeling like it is their job to force people to "defend" anything.

Anonymity can sometimes do strange things.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:39 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

^^^ Agreed.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5xStang

In other words a moderator just reminded him that trolls are unwelcome in any forum. Unfortunately trolls usually are not gone until the big Billy Goat Gruff throws them into the river.

In other words he'll eventually disappear when he gets banned.

THANK YOU FORUM MODERATORS FOR KEEPING THIS FORUM CLEAN!

This really is a great place to get information on Mustangs new and old, and everyone should feel free to ask questions and to brag about their pride in their cars without some "people" feeling like it is their job to force people to "defend" anything.

Anonymity can sometimes do strange things.
Hey Bro,

Actually, no, the moderator that contacted me didn't threaten banning me. In fact he was quite respectful as we communicated back in forth 4 or 5 times. He didn't ask me to leave the forum nor did he ask me to stop posting. He indicated that there was another forum that may be of more interest to me and he pointed out that some people took issue with some of my posts. He also acknowledged some of my posts were helpful and informative...a fact lost on many here unfortunately.

More than anything the moderator expressed an interest in avoiding any hostility and off topic conversation that could lead to people not enjoying the experience of a community devoted to this car culture. So please do not feel as if some formal reprimand occurred. Rather, a friendly exchange that resulted myself having a better understanding of this forum's geography.

AND THAT, FOLKS, IS WHAT A MODERATOR OUGHT TO DO....CLARIFY AND KEEP THINGS PEACEFUL.

GGIII, I appreciate your apology. And it was certainly classless of me to respond to someone's joy with critical words.

5xStang, I'm not going anywhere Bro. I will be hanging out and responding to posts.

Quick Reply: Apologies, coffee and other niceties...