Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt or V6 read my situation thanx

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gt or V6 read my situation thanx

I was 18 (19 now) when I bought my 05 V6.. I act like it was so long ago, more like 6 or 7 months. My insurance broker had serious problems with me going V8, I pay about $3,200.00 a year at Wawanesa and I pay $462.00 a month for the car and contribute $150.00 for insurance. My parents were kind enough to cover the other $100.00+ as long as I pay for my own schooling. In retrospect, going with a '05 Mustang, however cool and satisfying it may be, might have been a financial error.

I think leasing the car (assuming payments are less than $462) would've been best as I'm planning to get a GT/Saleen/etc. in 3 or so years when I'm an established "good driver" (assuming there aren't any accidents) and climb up the "corporate ladder."
Old 01-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

the mustang period will put your insurance through the roof unless your lucky....honestly...this sounds like how people think just because your driving a mustang your likely to crash and die when i reality, if your driving a hummer or a civic you can still go fast, crash, and die. Its all about your self control and skill level as a driver. If you can be mature enough to not wrap your car around a pole, then i say pay the extra few thousand, dont waste your time, and get the gosh darn GT.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:27 PM
stangxs
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

You are not going to find a new GT for under $18,000. The V6 would be a much better way to go since you are only 15. The GT would kill you on insurance, and likely be double what your car payment is. I have a V6 and feel that it has plenty of power, I drove the GT and honestly I wasnt that impressed with it. I have a lot of mods on mine and more to come so jumping to the V8 wasnt that big of a difference due to my mods. And yes there is the SCT X-Cal 2 tuner that I would highly recommend.

lol, exhaust and CAI isn't going to put you anywhere near a v8 [&:]
Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
stangxs
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

I say go for the V6, kiddo. If you're a new driver you need to know how a car handles before you go frickin fast. If i had a GT way back when i got my Civic Si, I would have been dead within 6 hours.

Not because i was irresponsible, but well, when you're young, you're young.
what shift **** is that in your sig, looks really nice!

edit: I wonder if they make any like that for the 05+ mustangs...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangxs

what shift **** is that in your sig, looks really nice!

edit: I wonder if they make any like that for the 05+ mustangs...
funny you should ask [8D]
https://mustangforums.com/m_919081/tm.htm

That comes from one of these...

Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

well i talked to my dad about it and he said when the time comes in october we are going to go to a dealer auction and get whatever comes up for a good deal most likely a 6 but he said if i found a reasonable GT by then to go for do u think i can find one for under 18 by oct. And if not do u think that the v6 will still be fun i drove one but only for a half hour or so
Old 01-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I think the only GT you will find for 18K is a used one. And as for a V6 being fun or not, it depends on your previous car...if any.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

i mean like yea a used one a 05 it wil be like 2 years old by the time i buy
Old 01-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

a used GT eh? i can honestly tell you going from an adequately powered Civic Si to test driving a Stang GT, the first time i floored it i was like "HOLY....F**K, something's not right here...im going warp speed" Something like this in the hands of a first time driver...[:'(]

Old 01-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedeamon15

well i talked to my dad about it and he said when the time comes in october we are going to go to a dealer auction and get whatever comes up for a good deal most likely a 6 but he said if i found a reasonable GT by then to go for do u think i can find one for under 18 by oct. And if not do u think that the v6 will still be fun i drove one but only for a half hour or so
Unless you've been spoiled with really fast cars, I think you should be perfectly happy with driving a 6. I have a blast every time I drive mine. Even if it means I'm going to work.

Quick Reply: Gt or V6 read my situation thanx