Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt or V6 read my situation thanx

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

Default Gt or V6 read my situation thanx

Ok heres my deal i am 15 i have my permit and a drove a v6 for the day and fell in love with the car itself i havent drove the GT yet but i am going to before i buy a mustang. I am going to buy about when the 07's come out so it will be cheaper for me. I can get one for whole sale cost we have friends that are a dealer i get 10 grand from my dad and make payments on the rest. I am looking not to spend more then 7 or 8 out of my pocket so about 18 total for the car itself tops. I would rather get a GT and he already said i could if i found one for a affordable price. Can anyone tell me if thye think i can get a 05 GT in october or so wholesale cost for under 18 if so i think i will go with that car. Also i looked into insurance and it said the same for boths cars on all the sites i went on is that true or no ?

Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gt or V6 read my situation thanx

lots of speed freaks will say "GO 8 OR GO HOME" ...regardless of the situation

so, with that said...
i too am a young driver, 17, and have a v6. to me, and most other people here who just got their license, the v6 is the right car. it has everything "cool" about a mustang without all the excessive power that i would never put to use...and if i did would probably get my license suspended for the next two years

i usually type out longer responces to this topic, but i think this is a pretty good summary of my feelings

if you go back through the last few pages you will see a couple of other people in similar situations

congrats in beeing a future owner!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

thanx for the help i mean the v6 has some ***** i drov it it hugs the road nice and it is just fun as hell. i heard thier are some tuners that u can get done that make it alot faster ne way becasue ford really is careful on the restrictions
Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

You are not going to find a new GT for under $18,000. The V6 would be a much better way to go since you are only 15. The GT would kill you on insurance, and likely be double what your car payment is. I have a V6 and feel that it has plenty of power, I drove the GT and honestly I wasnt that impressed with it. I have a lot of mods on mine and more to come so jumping to the V8 wasnt that big of a difference due to my mods. And yes there is the SCT X-Cal 2 tuner that I would highly recommend.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

it all depends on how responsible you are, even though im still just a teen and the 05 Mustang GT is my first car, and first stick shfit at that, i drive it very carefully but sometimes you just can't resist getting on it
Old 01-10-2006, 12:49 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

V6. Aside from the issues of the power of the car and responsibility of the driver, you want to have some cash in addition to your car. The V6 is plenty fast for everything you'll need out of it. The look of the car alone will get you plenty of poon, but not if you have to take them out to McDonalds.

Also, any GT you find for under 20K will likely have some serious issues.

The insurance deal sounds a little skewed. They should both be up there for you, but the GT should have a somewhat higher premium.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:11 PM
girliemustang
1st Gear Member

I would stick with a V6 since you're a new driver and insurance will be higher with the GT.

girliemustang

Old 01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

yea thats what i figured but u dont think i could find a GT for whole sale in october for 18 or under i meanthe 07's will be out and another reason why i wanted one is that they will hold thier value
Old 01-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I say go for the V6, kiddo. If you're a new driver you need to know how a car handles before you go frickin fast. If i had a GT way back when i got my Civic Si, I would have been dead within 6 hours.

Not because i was irresponsible, but well, when you're young, you're young.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

yea and i am sure i can just gradualy add mods to it better on gas i can afford it still looks good better on insurance less toruqe for snow i live in northen IL so sometimes the roads are covered. Thanx for all your help

Quick Reply: Gt or V6 read my situation thanx