Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever wish your Stang was more tech savvy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
diondon
1st Gear Member

Default Ever wish your Stang was more tech savvy?

I got a ride in my friend's Acura RL and man is that thing sweet! Bluetooth, voice activated dialing, navigation and audio controls and much much more. Now i love my man Stang no doubt but i wish i had more gadgets to play with.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:09 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ever wish your Stang was more tech savvy?

I agree that there are some features I wish it had but I know if it DID have them I would have had to pay more for the car. The Acura RL costs at least $15k more than a Stang so they better give you all those features! That's a nice car though, my brother was considering getting one, but he ended up getting the new Infiniti M35.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Lee Willis
2nd Gear Member

I guess it just depends on what you like, but I'm the oppsite.

I had an Audi S4 with all that stuff, never used it and didn't like it. When I traded that on the Porsche it took some effort for the dealer to find a car that DIDN't have all this electronic stuff: navigation screen, built in cell phone, MP3, etc.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

I don't think Mustangs were meant to be entertainment centers.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
diondon
1st Gear Member

I guess it depends on the type of person you are. Personally, im a tech head. You name it i got it; Ipod, PSP, PDA, Xbox, hdtv and so forth.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:32 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: diondon

I got a ride in my friend's Acura RL and man is that thing sweet! Bluetooth, voice activated dialing, navigation and audio controls and much much more. Now i love my man Stang no doubt but i wish i had more gadgets to play with.
I had the new Acura TL, very tech savvy but built like crap on the inside. Velcro holds the roof liner up (yes, I'm serious, Velcro, what moron thought that up?) it took me doing it myself to fix it, Acura had no idea, they wanted to hot glue it. The speakers in the dash are held in with plastic rings that pop out, and when I went to test drive the new RL I noticed the same cheap crap, don't get me wrong, they LOOK great and solid. However they aren't, everytime I took mine in for new noises there were at least 8 people in line for the same thing. To keep overall price down they cut coreners BIG TIME. The rear deck has more metal crap bouncing around than you can shake a stick at, I have never owned a more rattle prone car.

The Navi was nice though, the best I've ever seen, but I wouldn't want it in the Mustang, takes away the purity of the car.

My winter beater 1993 Buick Park Avenue with 110,000 miles on it has no squeaks or rattles, yet my brand new TL sounded like someone left screws all over the place to rattle around, ugh.

I prefer solid fit and finish over toys now, but I do miss the Bluetooth connectivity. I just added the Mobile Ease to my wifes Mustang and she loves it, this Spring mine gets it as well.
I also would like to have access to the Aux on the Shaker system, when they add the Mobile Ease I'm going to ask that they set this up for me.

The Mustang has cheap door panels but feels ten times more solid than my Acura did. I will never be buying one again, lets not even get started on my wifes Acura RSX......
Old 01-14-2006, 03:38 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: diondon

this stuff is pretty easy to add to your car

if you are having problems finding the bluetooth for your car here are what i have heard to be the best

motorola:
http://motorola.digitalriver.com/ser...81800&Env=BASE

sony also makes two, this one seems similar to the motorola one:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10141

this one is very nice but you will probably need a sony ericsson if you want to use all the functions:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10302

i am personally going to go with the HCB-700, i will take pics when it is installed if you want
Old 01-15-2006, 01:44 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

Call me old fashioned but the only options I need in my cockpit are am/fm radio, tach, and cruise. Gotta love the Cruise control.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:39 AM
No Name
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

I don't think Mustangs were meant to be entertainment centers.
Exactly!! I have a home theater system for that. What I want my Mustang to do is to go 1320 feet in as short a time as possible.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:07 AM
tomahawk

No.

Quick Reply: Ever wish your Stang was more tech savvy?