Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush Mustangs

I was at the dealer yesterday to get a shock replaced. I was talking to the guy I bought my car from. I was looking at a supercharged Roush on the showroom floor and he walked up. Now this "Roush" looked a little odd to me. It had the right body, and definatley had the supercharger. And the seats were Roush. But it had a carbon fiber full dash kit, aftermarket 20" wheels, with the stock GT stance. And was missing the usual Roush signature on everthing. I asked him what the Hell this thing was. He told me they "made" this car. He said they are a Roush dealer and can take stock GT's and bolt on Roush body kits, seats, superchargers and anything else the want too. AND SELL IT FOR $56,000 AS A ROUSH. Is this right ?? Can the new Roush's be dealer made? I love Ford and the Mustang but this just seems wrong to me.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:25 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Roush Mustangs

I am with you, that does not sound right to me. I don't think dealers can do that.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

they might, i mean we can even build our own Roush.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:42 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

I guess that means they can stick some snake emblems on a GT (or v6) and sell it as a Cobra...
Old 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Scott P
2nd Gear Member

Just call Roush and find out. I'm sure they'd be willing to help out.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE WHO PUTS THEM ON???
Old 01-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Some other dealers do this as well. It's not a true roush. A true Roush is numbered from the factory. But dealers can build and sell whatever they want. In the past some Saleen dealers got the bright idea that if they bought they ordered all the parts seperate, they could build their own Saleen clone and sell the car for a little bit less than a numbered Saleen, and they would make $ on it, and not Saleen. Not only did this end up biting dealers in the *** with warranty repair stuff, but Saleen would not recognize them. I felt bad for those people who bought a fake Saleen. This is the same deal here. It's not a real Roush.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:17 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Some Saleen dealers do this too, but the one around here doesn't SELL it as a true Saleen. $56K sounds quite high for bolt on's that were done by the dealer and not a true serialized Roush car [:@] I'd call them out on it - thats just wrong. But yes they can do it with no ramifications - I just think they are being unethical in their pricing/tactics.

If I were Saleen & Roush, I would probably have a problem with my dealers bolting on their own parts and selling against my cars that they signed on to exclusively sell for me [:'(] I would think they should have some stipulations about that in their contracts. If a customer buys a GT, and wanted the dealer to do the work for them thats one thing - but don't build em up yourself to sell against me [:@]
Old 08-17-2006, 07:06 AM
autie
1st Gear Member

Yes a dealrship can have a custom made roush car directly from Roush; every roush car has a "ROUSH Serialized Engine Bay Plaque" so you can determine whether its a Roush or not. Also they can make a custom made car for yourself right at the dealership if they have the shop; for an instance a dealership where my car is being delivered to (from roush stage 3) they made a custom made Elanor, from a stock GT.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

This thread clears up something for me. A dealer in my area is a Roush and Saleen dealer. They have several "Roush" cars on the lot with a Roush sticker on the windshield in addition to the Deluxe stripper window sticker from Ford.

I was very disappointed to see that all these "Roush" cars on the lot ONLY had the Roush COSMETIC stuff and not a SINGLE performance piece. For me, the prime reason to have a Roush car would be the suspension and handling and apparantly the cars were stock suspensioned cars.

If indeed, the dealer is doing this, then it restores my faith in Jack Roush, who I couldn't imagine would be very pleased with an "all show, no go" kind of car.

My $0.02,