Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged Internals...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Forged Internals...

You guys may have already come across this site......but I thought I'd post it for ya just in case it would be of help to someone interested in some bottom end options.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/
Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

XLeatherNeck
I am getting the DSS upgrade
Old 01-24-2006, 03:33 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the link this blood. I have been looking for beehives for the 3 valve for a while. Thats just what I needed to complete my project.

You da Man!!
Old 01-24-2006, 05:07 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

OK I am out of the country and have been working with Sutton in Matteson IL near Chicago who are building my car while I am away. How its going to work is Sutton is going to pull my engine take it down the road to DSS Racing in St Charles and they will forge the internals there in their clean room. It is 3899 for DSS to do their thing and Sutton is charging me around 10 hrs to disasemble and pull, and put her back in. Sorry if I seemed a little confused in my earlier posts its because I am not there to see how everything is going down.
For those of you that have the time to do it yourself will only have to pay the cost for the upgrade if you can deliver and pick up yourself from whomever you have decided to go with.
I am goin to ask Sutton to email me the dyno's when the engine upgrade is complete. I am also blowing it so I wont be able to provide you with naturally aspirated power charts. (would cost me more for time and tuning) I am hoping to have the current upgrades completed by the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. Look for the posts then. I am way excited and can't wait until march when I come home and can get behind the wheel. I foresee a busted transmission in my future [:@] oh well its going to get replaced sooner or later.
1 step closer to supercar
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 AM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

With forged internals and boost, you should be capable of some serious HP. Keep us posted on the numbers.

BTW I'm only 2 hours East of Chicago, so DSS can't be that far away...
Old 01-24-2006, 11:15 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Will do Teuffelhunden!!!

Its going to be sick I can't wait! Although I am pretty sure the auto tranny or the driveshaft is going to fold under the torque so I'll have to take it easy until a replacement is in the budget. When I have the cash ready I think I'll lay the hammer down and see what happens. Then again I probably won't be able to contain myself and I'll break it on the first day
Old 01-24-2006, 07:48 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I got some info for the mmr block

Hi Ted, the Cobra Iron block adds about 60lbs. The pistons are a
different design from the standard 4.6. The stroker will easily handle
up to 950!!. Our pistons for the 05/06 3V are all custom and have the
correct valve reliefs. We can use a teksid block, it adds $850 to the
price. We look forward to helping you.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:24 PM
XLeatherNeck
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I got some info for the mmr block

Hi Ted, the Cobra Iron block adds about 60lbs. The pistons are a
different design from the standard 4.6. The stroker will easily handle
up to 950!!. Our pistons for the 05/06 3V are all custom and have the
correct valve reliefs. We can use a teksid block, it adds $850 to the
price. We look forward to helping you.
Holy crap 950 HP! That is crazy talk... who would use that kind of power on the street? That is just plain overkill...
Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

hehe.. thats ok.. that for AFTER the car is paid for.. then you can go from 500wrhp to 800.. heheeh or more.

Question is: they said it will make up to 40hp stock but if the car is stroked. then will it make more power with the mods I have.. for example.. if I was running 440rwhp with the stock block and procharger.. will I make more with this stroker kit and the same procharger? i know tunning helps..but in general. Also I'm worried about smog.. as long as I to F with the cams will I be fine? I want to run 500-600rwhp all day long and pass smog and live a long happy life.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 AM
S.T.Motorsports

60lbs????Have you ever picked up an aluminum block??I can pick one up with 1 arm,but the romeo block is heavy as hell.The shipping weight for a cast block is 190lbs for block only.Stay aluminum and keep the weight down.As for more hp with stroker,theory says yes.Figure a min +1 hp per extra inch.Also keep in mind the bigger cubes will help with low end power til the blower kicks in.

Quick Reply: Forged Internals...