Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOY RACER bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default BOY RACER bumper

I need to find the "Boy Racer" rear bumper for my car (made by 3D Carbon). I've found some for like $390 - $450 but they are not painted, so painting is at least another $150. If anyone knows where to get it cheaper or painted as well, please let me know.

will
Old 01-25-2006, 02:50 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: BOY RACER bumper

The kit has fender flares, so it'll look like *** unless you buy the entire thing.

That said, sorry, don't know. Ebay would be my best guess.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
wcracer
1st Gear Member

I have the kits in stock. crewwolfy is right you need to use the fender flares with the bumper. The only way to make it work is use the whole kit.

Randy
Hale Motorsports
Old 01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Whats the difference from the fender flares of the kit to the fenders of the stock body? Can u try to explain a bit for me exactly what will look like crap? Im trying to picture it but I've having a bit of trouble. Sorry.

will
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
wcracer
1st Gear Member

Will, I will take some pictures of the bumper cover and flare. I will post them in the morning.

Randy
Old 01-26-2006, 03:18 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

His pictures will illustrate the point very well. In the meantime, Street Scene has a similar front fascia, with the wide open mouth, and no fender flares.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i've considered it too, but i just dont think it has the same "crisp" look as the Boy Racer does. Also, the rear lip valance on the SS kit just attaches to the bumper with tape and i'd rather avoid the tape again if i can. I had to use it on my window scoops and it works ok, but when its cold they dont seem to stick as well in certain places. [sm=grin.gif] The SS kit looks ok, but the Boy Racer is what i'm goin for.

And thanks randy, i appreciate it.

will
Old 01-27-2006, 12:48 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

Do you like the boy racer front bumper? If so, why not just go for the whole kit? It does look really good. Less retro, more let's-go. I'd ****** it up if I had the $$, but I'd go forced induction to back up the mean looks first.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:18 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man I love the whole kit but I'm only 18 so I dont exactly have the money right now to get the whole thing. haha. I would love to have it, eventually, but right now I'm trying to just put on what I can and add as I go. Im about to have to pay for exhaust and intake and have already payed for scoops and window tinting, so $1200 isnt easy for me to drop right now. I defintely wish i could though.

will
Old 01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

Check 3dcarbon.com. The fender flares extend 3/4" over the wheel. To make the car look good with that, you'll need to buy it all at once, and you'll need new rims with less offset. I know it'd be hard to wait it out and buy it all at once. I'd suggest waiting and buying the kit in one jump. Then start saving up for the rims.

That's probably $2300+ right there. Not cheap at all. But it wouldn't happen any sooner piece by piece, and it really won't look very good put on one at a time. Plus painting would be cheaper in one shot than piece by piece. I know it's hard, but the smart idea is to just wait it out until you can buy the whole kit at once.

Quick Reply: BOY RACER bumper