Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YOUR custom MyColor

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

Default YOUR custom MyColor

Hi all,

a while back i went searching on the web to see if anyone had posted pictures of their custom MyColor color in their stang. this is the only place i have been able to find pictures of various colors people are using (in the photos section) - but it looks like the only pictures so far, are of the stock colors (red, white, purple, green, blue, orange).

I just wanted to start a topic where we could all post our custom MyColors - that is if you're even using a custom color. i just thought it'd be interesting to see what we're all driving around with out there. personally, i'm using the stock red at the moment - easy on the eyes, and it looks mighty devilish in my black interior stang. i do have a blue/green color that i made, that is pretty interesting...not sure if i like it yet, but i'll post a pic and R-G-B info as soon as i get a chance.

anyway, if you've got pictures - great. if you've got the R-G-B color combos - great. if you've got both - even better. if you think this topic is stupid - too bad. ha!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Pennstate57
1st Gear Member

Default RE: YOUR custom MyColor

Im using the stock red as well, it matches the red interior, and the custom color is too complicated to figure out.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

i use stock blue but i also made a custom yellow but i forget the combos
Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

I am going to purchase an 05 gt what package do i need on it to get my color also what is it all about like how do u enter things
Old 02-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Bretstang06
1st Gear Member

I made a custom blue color, lighter than the stock blue and looks awesome at night. I enjoy changing the colors around and having a different look now and again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26228/046FA3CBC4E44C27832D9DBE6A6FF16D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
ponypower05GT
1st Gear Member

I'm also using a custom blue color, don't know the exact numbers off the top of my head, but it is a little different than the stock blue. I tried the stock ones, even tried a white one and some other colors but most of them didn't look as good to me. I keep meaning to spend some time some night playing around with it but have only done that about 3 times since I had the car and just settled on the color I have now.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

r0-g0-b5

0 is the default minimum...so its all blue!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

Nice...Bretstang, i think i actually came up with that same exact color. you're right, it does look awesome at night.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Bretstang06

I made a custom blue color, lighter than the stock blue and looks awesome at night. I enjoy changing the colors around and having a different look now and again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26228/046FA3CBC4E44C27832D9DBE6A6FF16D.jpg[/IMG]

Mine are the same color!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedeamon15

I am going to purchase an 05 gt what package do i need on it to get my color also what is it all about like how do u enter things
Speedeamon15, the MyColor comes with the interior upgrade package (which is what i have - dealer lists it at $450), but i think you can also get something called the "sports appearance package" - which will give you the leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum panels and **i think** you still get MyColor with that - plus it's a bit cheaper.

in any case, the dealer will be MORE than happy to tell you all about which packages contain which features - and how much extra he's going to charge you for it

there are a couple of buttons in your radio console area that you use to change the colors. you can either choose from a few preloaded colors (red, blue, white, green, orange, purple), or you can create your own by changing the R-G-B (red, green and blue) values. each color has a value from 0-5, so as you can imagine (and as Ford says over and over again), you can have up to 125 different custom colors - not all at once of course, but if your blue is a little too blue, you can take it down a couple of notches if you wish. hope this info helps a bit.

good luck with buying your stang! Are there even any '05s left on the lots? i bought mine 3 months ago, and all they had were '06s

Quick Reply: YOUR custom MyColor