Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Sequential taillights

I have the meter4it kit on my 06, I was one of the first on an 06. I like it better than the others because it is much more
flexible. I can change from chase to sequential or even factory any time I desire, The chase mode works on the brake and the turn signals and when the brake is released they turn off in sequence. Has a really cool look. People seem to let me in now , when I'm changing lanes.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:23 PM
swieduwi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TinPony
People seem to let me in now , when I'm changing lanes.
This is Very True, I noticed this the other day, after driving my truck to work, few would let me in when changing lanes on I-66 then driving my stang every time I changed lanes people noticed and let me in, Awsome,
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
PonyPilot

I have to echo TinPony here, I installed the Meter4it chase lights (www.meter4it.com/2005_Mustang.htm) this weekend and they are nice. It was a pretty easy installation and they look great. I prefer the chase light sequence as opposed to sequential, but if I change my mind, with this kit I can just change the setting and have sequential...or stock if that's what is wanted.

The only complaint I have is that I don't get to enjoy the mod, only the people behind me do ;-)
Old 02-13-2006, 01:14 PM
dastang

Would you recommend getting chase lights as a first mod...or if not...what would you recommend.

06 V6 Tungsten Grey, IUP, Wheel Lock, Pony Pkg, Tape Stripe Delete
Old 02-13-2006, 01:28 PM
PonyPilot

I think it just depends on what YOU want to do with your car. Performance or visual...while the chase lights are cool as hell, they sure don't add anything to the rwhp. For me they were just the first of the deliveries that came in from several things I ordered a week ago. I'll be installing the C&L cold air intake, Brenspeed tune, honeycomb blackout panel, and ultimate pedals next weekend...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:40 PM
dastang

Thanks I guess just need to figure out what I want to do 1st.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

They were my 1st mod. 1st thing I did when I got back to work from picking up the car was install them. Guys at work were like WTF are you doing? taking car apart and you just got it?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I find myself backing into parkng spaces where there is a window in the store front... then I get to watch my tail lights sequence when I hit the breaks!

I like watching the faces of the people behind me when I turn on my blinks or hit the brakes as well.. LOL

I have an 05' with the 4Metric kit... I didn't realize Ford changed anything on the 06's... can you verify this information?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
PonyPilot

When I was exchanging email with Gary last week about the kit for the '06 I found that I had the light sockets that worked with his kit, but apparently there is a change to the sockets (maybe the exact same part), but they are filled with something like epoxy or silicone where the wire terminals are instead of just the removable blue rubber seal.

The Meter4it website indicates there is this change with newer '06 and that you should check your light socket before ordering his kit. Guess since my '06 was born in '05, it was fine...actually it's not a guess, it was fine. The kit installed great. I can see why Ford might have put something into that cavity where the terminals are for the lamp though, I found mine had quite a bit of condensation, which I suppose is to be expected here in the Portland, OR area...it's a tad wet.

I'd mentioned in a previous message that I couldn't really enjoy my chase lights, that only people behind me could, but found on the drive to work this morning in a turn lane that via my rear view mirror, I could see the reflection of the chasing lights in the grill of a car behind me...mesmerizing! [sm=smiley29.gif]
Old 02-13-2006, 04:42 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

read the service bulletin at the bottom of the page.

it shows a picture of which wiring harness works. Seems the late 2006 models have changed harnesses and suppliers are working on a new harness to fit these.

see bottom of page for picture

Quick Reply: Sequential taillights