Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Sequential taillights

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

139 if you send your stock harness back. Quick and easy install, works great on my 06.
That is the same company I used with my 05. Very easy install.
Just buy the splice in kit from Web Electronics! Save about $70, and no worries about harnesses. If you can read, and have a pair of wire cutters and strippers, you are good to go. I installed mine AND my neighbors in less than 90 minutes time for both. Just too damn easy to worry about harness, sending back parts and all that jazz.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

the problem with a splice kit is you cant go back to the OEM stock harness without showing your handiwork. and if you have any electrical problems that could void warranty work.

there was a place that had a splice kit that didnt affect the harness but so far it is only good on pre Nov 2005 models.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmmmmm

the problem with a splice kit is you cant go back to the OEM stock harness without showing your handiwork. and if you have any electrical problems that could void warranty work.

there was a place that had a splice kit that didnt affect the harness but so far it is only good on pre Nov 2005 models.
That's what I was thinking. Just ordered a set from webelectric but will probably hold onto my stock harness just in case.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:28 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

The Splice in kit does NOT eliminate the factory harness - you simply splice in 3 wires after it. So it is still in tact, if you need to take them out, you just cut out the splice in wires, re-insulate and your done.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

True, but you have to cut into the wires and you cant hide the fact that you modified an electrical connection. It's up to each owner to decide what they feel comfortable doing while their warranty is in effect.

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

The Splice in kit does NOT eliminate the factory harness - you simply splice in 3 wires after it. So it is still in tact, if you need to take them out, you just cut out the splice in wires, re-insulate and your done.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:24 PM
crazangel14
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigFloppy

www.meter4it.com

Easy to install, yes it's an electrical mod only (with the addition of a control box)
Takes about 45 minutes to install (ish)
when you install these.. my question is.. does the sequence carry on all night while the lights are on.. or only turnning?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:47 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

crazangel14 Date 2/14/2006 2:24:07 PM

quote:

www.meter4it.com

Easy to install, yes it's an electrical mod only (with the addition of a control box)

when you install these.. my question is.. does the sequence carry on all night while the lights are on.. or only turnning?
Mine is from www.meter4it.com, and I keep it in Chaser mode. Parking lights are not affected by the kit. The bright taillights flash out in sequence with the turn signals on or the 4-way flashers. When the brakes are applied, they strobe out and stay lit until I remove my foot from the pedal, at which point they finish their cycle and chase to the outside edge of the car. In sequential mode (with this kit at least), all six brake light bulbs turn off together.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:25 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: crazangel14

When you install these.. my question is.. does the sequence carry on all night while the lights are on.. or only turning?

They only sequence when brake or turn signal is used.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
crazangel14
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

crazangel14 Date 2/14/2006 2:24:07 PM

quote:

www.meter4it.com

Mine is from www.meter4it.com, and I keep it in Chaser mode. Parking lights are not affected by the kit. The bright taillights flash out in sequence with the turn signals on or the 4-way flashers. When the brakes are applied, they strobe out and stay lit until I remove my foot from the pedal, at which point they finish their cycle and chase to the outside edge of the car. In sequential mode (with this kit at least), all six brake light bulbs turn off together.
so when you say u brake and they stay lite/ then u remove ur foot from brake and they continue the pattern.. does that mean while your drving .. your foot on the gas.. no blinker on not even the hazard lights.. the lights are still beaming in the pattern? or no they just stay lite like the normal stock lights? lol this really bothers me cause theyr really cute just i dont want to confuse other drivers and cause an accident of some sort
Old 02-14-2006, 07:39 PM
crazangel14
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

ORIGINAL: crazangel14

When you install these.. my question is.. does the sequence carry on all night while the lights are on.. or only turning?

They only sequence when brake or turn signal is used.
ooo okay answers my question.. i was just confused with 28 hopup