Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Program a 2-step with your Predator!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 01:35 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default Program a 2-step with your Predator!

Adam at ST Motorsports has been dying to try it for some time and, after some trying, he was able to program a 2-step system with the predator. For those of you wondering what this is - it is AWESOME! Here's how it works....

At the line, I floor the gas pedal. The car just revs to 4600 rpm (or whatever you program it to) and just stays there and pops. When I dump the clutch, BANG - the car shoots like a rocket. The 2-step is programed to be inactive if there car moves more than 1/2 mph so it just effective at the line. This is one of the biggest advancements I've seen through tuning yet.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Program a 2-step with your Predator!

chevykiller,

That sounds great! However doesn't the car hiccup (for lack of a better word) when the 2 step allows WOT? It seems to me that the drive by wire system would be shocked by sudden WOT or does it just take off like a bat out of hell? This should work for regular Mustang GT's as well, set it for 2500 floored and when you let out the clutch instant WOT after full clutch engagement.

Makes one think......
Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Program a 2-step with your Predator!

ORIGINAL: viking396

chevykiller,

That sounds great! However doesn't the car hiccup (for lack of a better word) when the 2 step allows WOT? It seems to me that the drive by wire system would be shocked by sudden WOT or does it just take off like a bat out of hell? This should work for regular Mustang GT's as well, set it for 2500 floored and when you let out the clutch instant WOT after full clutch engagement.

Makes one think......
Yeah, turned out not to be as great as I thought it would. Worked great on the dyno and on the street cause the tires spin for quite a bit so I think the computer has a sec to adjust for the shock. I went to the track last night and on the line - it didn't work so good. I go the best 60' times I ever thought possible - 1.47 60' (WOW) but when I shifted to 2nd and 3rd, the car definitely had a milli-second hiccup, or it actually seemed to bog like a fouled plug or something. I think it was the computer retarding the timing after going into shock mode...LOL

Anyway, I had great 60' times, but I was running 7.6's (1/8) when I shoud have been running 7.2 or 7.3's. The delay (hiccup or bog) costed me more time than the 60' gave so in all I would say it's not worth it. BUT - It works great on the street with street tires (though that doesn't do me much good) I'm taking it out of the program. Too bad, it was really cool. Just have to save my pennies and wait for a high dollar auto trans set-up.