Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! TUNER & Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
JGB_V6_05
I ♥ Acer

Default HELP!!! TUNER & Warranty

Hey,
i want a tuner (diable sct...) but m father says no because it voids te factory warranty? Any thoughts?
Any ford dealers out there pleas help!
Justin
Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
V8 Aggie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!!! TUNER & Warranty

legally they can't void your warranty. in order to say they won't pay to fix something, by law, they must link the cause of the problem to what you did.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:57 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Exactly! What he said. And you can always just reload the factory tune from the programmer (Diablo Predator for sure, others idunno).
Old 02-08-2006, 01:02 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JGB_V6_05

Hey,
i want a tuner (diable sct...) but m father says no because it voids te factory warranty? Any thoughts?
Any ford dealers out there pleas help!
Justin
I was told by 4 dealers (I'm ****, what can I say) that the tuner will NOT void the warranty unless they can prove it was the direct cause of a failure. Only the direct result wouldn't be covered, the rest of the warranty would be. Read into as you will, this is what they told me. They haven't refused one yet either and they told me they could have.

Ford advertises this sucker smoking the tires and bragging about the rich after market, soooooo load up the mods but don't do anything stupid.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

I know there is a link to that warranty info- Ive seen it before. can anyone paste it for me??

Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Rotten Rat

ORIGINAL: Cappi

I know there is a link to that warranty info- Ive seen it before. can anyone paste it for me??

Thanks
Try here, it's not THE site, but it should work.

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_LemonMM2.html
Old 02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

link
Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

u da man hawg-

thx!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:51 PM
bizbad

I work at a dealer and we don't void warranties just due to a programmer. I can tell you that once we know you have one it will be in your file. If you come in with a powertrain concern that could be from the programmer they may not honor your warranty. It just depends what the problem is. If it were me, I would not give the dealer any reason to think you have one. If they don't have reason to believe that you have one, they don't dig that deep.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bizbad

I work at a dealer and we don't void warranties just due to a programmer. I can tell you that once we know you have one it will be in your file. If you come in with a powertrain concern that could be from the programmer they may not honor your warranty. It just depends what the problem is. If it were me, I would not give the dealer any reason to think you have one. If they don't have reason to believe that you have one, they don't dig that deep.
Thats a good point bizard, but some mods require that tune. For example once you remove your tune and go back to stock the check engine light might turn on due to the CAI and rpms will will be above normal due to the 4.10's. It's kind of hard not to give them a reason when the mods start piling up.....and of course, mine wll. SOLUTION: Befriend a the Ford guy!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! TUNER & Warranty