Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang GT vs. Infiniti G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:54 PM
lavila07

Default mustang GT vs. Infiniti G35 Coupe

hey guys.. I'm new to this forum and I'm currently shopping for a nice, fast coupe. I'm currently looking in the 30-35k price range and I'm certainly a "most bang per buck" kinda buyer. I've been researching for nearly a month already.. basically googling car reviews and comparisons. I'm not really biased against any type of car whether europian, asian, american, etc... (although I hate toyotas)
A good friend of mine, however, just purchased a G35 coupe a couple of weeks ago and he calls it amazing. Is the G35 faster?? It definitely looks great... but IMO it's nothing like a 'stang. In terms of sound, the 'stang certainly sounds a lot better. And its definitely cooler. But I was wondering if anyone had any good opinions on that. To be quite honest, I just wanna smoke this guy the first chance I get.. lol. Any other car suggestions that I should look at?? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:04 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: mustang GT vs. Infiniti G35 Coupe

the G-35 is a great car--it was on my list and shopped for it--however--i did save 10k going with the stang--i always loved Stangs and this is my 4th--as i got older i thought i would get the G-35, but when the 05 stang came out i fell in love with and i like to modify and personlize my car, there is so much for the stang its crazy, But i must admit if i had ther dough, i would also have a G-35--i think the Stang is ultimatly faster, but doesnt handle as well as the G--unless u modify of course--good luck--there are both great cars, just depends what u r into.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

My dad has a 2005 G35 and I have the 2005 GT. The G35 handles better but the mustang is noticeably faster. The G35 has a couple more luxury features than the stang but I found the Mustang to be easier to drive. I like both cars but I like the Stang better. Either is a good choice, you won't be dissapointed with either.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Ditto what he said!
Unless you need all the accessories of the Infinity (keyless entry, NAV, etc) go for the GT the Mustang has the highest bang per buck of all cars! Plus with both fully loaded or both base models the GT is about $10,000 cheaper.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 757GT

My dad has a 2005 G35 and I have the 2005 GT. The G35 handles better but the mustang is noticeably faster. The G35 has a couple more luxury features than the stang but I found the Mustang to be easier to drive. I like both cars but I like the Stang better. Either is a good choice, you won't be dissapointed with either.
+1
Old 02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I too was looking at the g35, but the more i saw them on the street the more i didnt want them. Everyone has them, and every teenage girl and there mother has one. So i went for the mustang, its faster too. A few suspension mods and its good to go. Did i mention its faster too? HEre is a racer...the 3rd one... is me vs a g35, all i have is a jlt2 intake, and he had intake and a full exhaust. listen to my tires spin through first gear, after that its over.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28643&q=moroso

dont pay attention the crappy camera work, or the annoying kids screaming
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
lavila07

ren27.. WoW.. did i say WOW... i think that just made up my mind LOL.. and I must say that I like Mustang so much more not really because you smoked the G35 but for the exhaust note that comes out of that monster... it brings a definite smile to my face.. thanks a lot for the video... if you know anywhere else where I can see some more 'stang videos please tell me.. i've been looking everywhere... again nice job on burnin the infiniti
Old 02-10-2006, 03:32 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

www.Streetfire.net ALL KINDSA vids
Old 02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
lavila07

thanks for the link..

can anyone else say anything about G35 vs. 'stang GT?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

I traded in a G35 for my Mustang. For a comparison - the G35 is slower at about 5.8-6.3 0-60 depending on who tests it. For handling the G35 handles very well and doesn't have the 'floaty' feeling I get sometimes on the highway in the Stang. We had several problems with the G:

- A/C whistled - ended up having to replace the compressor and several lines
- In dash 6disc changer - was on the 3rd one when I traded it
- Bose stereos suck - and they make it almost impossible to change it without rewiring the entire car
- brakes - always squealed, all 4 brake pads were replaced under warranty - the fronts were replaced twice
- front rotors had to be replaced after they machined them down too much and they warped
- seat heaters were very sporadic - sometimes would heat, most of the time they wouldn't - dealer said it was 'normal'
- Paint was terrible, swirled easily - the front was so chipped it was ridiculus - we took it back and showed them my 92 Black Miata which had about 5 chips total to try and get them to repair and they woudn't - this was with about 12k miles compared to 92k miles on the Miata - same roads/area.

These are most likely not typical - but I wont buy another Nissan/Infiniti product until they separate themselves from Renault - I think their quality has gone downhill. Driving the G was nice - the V6 is fantastic and surprised many a car at the stoplight. It is a little more luxurious but nothing a few select aftermarket options can't solve:

auto dim rearview mirror
seat heaters (if you have a wife like mine who is always cold)
nicer floormats

things I can't change with aftermarket:

auto climate control
heated side mirrors
full size spare - doesn't seem to be room to store it

Overall - I'm much more happy with the Mustang - gotta love the drivetrain along with the wonderful noises it makes.

Quick Reply: mustang GT vs. Infiniti G35 Coupe