Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood black out

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hood black out

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

MusiccityGT: You got it; you know it!
Those flames do look sweet!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:33 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Looking at those pictures, I have the double wide stripes on mine with the side C-stripes. The vinyle stripes being that wide wide is a real pain in the a$$ to put on. Since the hood has a curve shape to it and the decals are flat, it tries to create air pockets and creases under the decal and the adhesive is very tacky. I don't think going for a one piece decal is going to look to do the job IMO. Paint is the best option as described above if that's the look you are going for.

Here is what the double wide stripes on mine looks like.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:46 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

05bluegt--your car is sweet--i am stressing so bad, i cant decide to do white or black stripes on my torch, since those are the only colors i think will look good, but i think ithe white is the way to go, but i want to be different, its killing me, the more i see the blue the more i love it, great job...
Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Unless you think way outside the box. I'd say white stripes and mirrors done in torch. You will see another torch GT one day with white as well (maybe more as time goes on); so thinking about something very original could be they way. If you had parchment interior I would recommend a still fairly conservative but unique scheme of gold (fine)metallic. Done in paint of course under clear. ... One guy had his yellow GT out there with silver stripes; so sweet looking; who would have thought? ...good luck, keep dreamin up ideas.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:34 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I went through the same thing you guys went through before I decided to go with the black. I felt that if I went with the white, not will it stand out in a crowd but everyone else is doing white and blue combo. I have seen several torch cars with the white C-stripes and a ralley stripes and they do look good and stand out in a crowd. I have not seen too many with the black/torch combo. If you have the dark interior, then I think the black would be a good choice of color for your stripes. You don't want to get too many colors on the car or they'll start to clash with each other.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:32 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Agreed, i have all black interior, i was thinking all black on the top of the car.. u know facing the sky..top..i think i am leaning that way.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:34 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

05bluegt your car has the basic look I'm going for but I don't want a hood scoop. My car is satin silver and the black stripes are over done on that color but its because they are the only ones that look good IMO Having said that my car may look good with "ghost" stripes. Boy I wish I had a digital camera and photo shop. But to get the exact look I want it'll take paint, and not a bad back yard spray paint job like someone suggested.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

PullMeOverRed05, MusiccityGT: Thanks guys, I'm gonna try to take some pics tomorrow (before the snow storm); My bro from AL is coming up in a few weeks he takes professional digital pics; what I can do just doesn't give justice to the phenomenal art work. The blue pin-stripe (about 1/8- 3/16") wide outlines the entire design. The guy that did it is well renowned; that's all he does and I still cannot believe how what looks like miles of pinstripe is simply perfectly uniform throughout. Course the blend in the flames is extraordinary; done by a guy who specializes in custom paint on custom bikes/choppers. ...and the clear, well it's just too good. I'm so pleased with what these 2 guys did. I'll do my best on a few more pics. ...Jim
Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

If i get to keep my 06 after this damn transfer, I am planning on doing silver strips on my silver...kinda ghosting them....
Old 02-11-2006, 01:55 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

IMO, white stripes would look killer on a torch red. It would be far less common than black on red (I have seen that several times). I don't think you would go wrong with the white stripes.

ORIGINAL: torch red

Agreed, i have all black interior, i was thinking all black on the top of the car.. u know facing the sky..top..i think i am leaning that way.

Quick Reply: Hood black out