Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone install steeda pullies, need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: anyone install steeda pullies, need help please!

The "other" is the replacement crankshaft bolt.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:46 PM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

The "other" is the replacement crankshaft bolt.
I wonder why they give the crankshaft replacement bolt when on their install directions it says in bold type to reuse the factory cranshaft bolt. Maybe just in case something happens to the factory bolt? Hawgman did you reuse the factory bolt or the replacement? I don't think think it would really matter, but I don't know. TIA
Old 02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
FrdMstnggt99

Yea, I think thats what Steeda did (Agreeing with Spike). That Smaller Bolt in your picture is the alternator replacement bolt. Hey Spike, where did you get you lower grill from?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Hey, they want to go to the trouble to ship me a new bolt, by gosh I am going to use it.

Yea, I used the new one.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

The bolt supplied is only to get the pulley started. When the pulley is partically on then remove the supplied bolt and reinstall the factory. The factory is not really long enough to get the pulley started without possible thread damage. The supplied bolt is too long and could bottom out in the threads and/or not allow the pulley to bottom out if left in.

Are their not instructions?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LarryS

The bolt supplied is only to get the pulley started. When the pulley is partically on then remove the supplied bolt and reinstall the factory. The factory is not really long enough to get the pulley started without possible thread damage. The supplied bolt is too long and could bottom out in the threads and/or not allow the pulley to bottom out if left in.

Yeah I know the one bolt is to get it started, and the other is the alternator bolt, but they also supply a crankshaft pulley bolt even though their own instructions say in bold type to put in the factory crankshaft pulley bolt back in. I have the instructions, but it doesn't say anything about the new crankshaft bolt they put in the kit.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpikeGT

Yeah I know the one bolt is to get it started, and the other is the alternator bolt, but they also supply a crankshaft pulley bolt even though their own instructions say in bold type to put in the factory crankshaft pulley bolt back in. I have the instructions, but it doesn't say anything about the new crankshaft bolt they put in the kit.
The new crank shaft bolt is the bolt that starts the new underdrive crank and then you remove. One of the other tthree is a bolt to eliminate an interference problem with water pump pulley and the extended bolt that sticks out. The third bolt I believe is for the new idle or tensioner pulley which ever you have.

I did not get get water pump pulley with mine nor the tensioner pulley so all I got was a crank bolt. I can see where the extended bolt would have interference with the water pump pulley unless you just cut the tip off.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:42 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

The new crank shaft bolt is the bolt that starts the new underdrive crank and then you remove. One of the other tthree is a bolt to eliminate an interference problem with water pump pulley and the extended bolt that sticks out. The third bolt I believe is for the new idle or tensioner pulley which ever you have.

I did not get get water pump pulley with mine nor the tensioner pulley so all I got was a crank bolt. I can see where the extended bolt would have interference with the water pump pulley unless you just cut the tip off.
Again... the third bolt is a replacement crankshaft bolt. The Steeda kit does not come with idler or tension pulleys. Yes, Steeda sends a starter bolt for the crankshaft pulley, and a replacement bolt for your stock crankshaft bolt.

Apparently reguardless of how many times it is stated it keeps being missed. Here's a novel idea, call Steeda.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Again... the third bolt is a replacement crankshaft bolt. The Steeda kit does not come with idler or tension pulleys. Yes, Steeda sends a starter bolt for the crankshaft pulley, and a replacement bolt for your stock crankshaft bolt.

Apparently reguardless of how many times it is stated it keeps being missed. Here's a novel idea, call Steeda.
Sure glad I bought an ASP pulley so I don't have all these problems!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:17 PM
seraphim

Hey, Nice Ride!

I looked at your pictures and noticed you had a stabalizer bar under the hood that seemed to fit nicely over your plenum cover. What kind of bar is and where can I get one?

Thanks,

[IMG]local://upfiles/53210/923567AB77F749F0A687095F5161013C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: anyone install steeda pullies, need help please!