Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northern vs Southern Convertibles

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 09:56 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default Northern vs Southern Convertibles

I'm curious, how many in the northern colder states have a convertible Mustang vs. how many in the southern warmer states? I would think that southern would be higher but ya never know unless ya ask!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Northern vs Southern Convertibles

So far it's 4 to zip in favor of us popsicles.

Then again them southern boys might actually be out DRIVING their cars
Old 02-12-2006, 03:42 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Maybe us "northern" vert owners appreciate top down more because the season's shorter. Right now mine's snug in the garage under cover waiting for Spring!
Old 02-12-2006, 03:47 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, I can tell ya........I don't know if I'd want a vert down here in Louisiana. We have two seasons: cold as **** (which last for like 10 minutes) and hot as a sauna in hell (which lasts the rest of the year). So really, there isn't a whole lot of occasion in these parts to enjoy a top down experience. Of course, that still doesn't stop people from doing it. heh
Old 02-12-2006, 06:35 PM
DDT

Couldn't agree with you more. Having lived in the north and the south with a vert, it has been alot more enjoyable up here in the north. Summers down south were too hot to enjoy with the top down. Up north the season is shorter which makes every day you get out that more precious. I would add though, spring and fall in the south provided not only great conditions for a topless drive, but up to 6 more months to have fun.

Days like today add to the pain of living up north....Blizzard!!!!

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Well, I can tell ya........I don't know if I'd want a vert down here in Louisiana. We have two seasons: cold as **** (which last for like 10 minutes) and hot as a sauna in hell (which lasts the rest of the year). So really, there isn't a whole lot of occasion in these parts to enjoy a top down experience. Of course, that still doesn't stop people from doing it. heh
Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

I'm in SE Virginia so we get mild winter and summer. My GT convertible is new but I haven't owned a hard top for eight years. I think southern CA is probably the best ragtop area.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

The north definitely has some nice days in the summer when the temp. is not too hot, but the south probably has more tempid days when were freezing.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:33 PM
karmann6898

I think I've got it made. While I'm still in saving-mode to get an 05/06, I'm currently driving a '98 vert. I live in Nebraska (right along the equator of the U.S.) and any given day during the year could be a top-down day. This winter, while there's it's fair share of cold days, there's been about 20-30 times that I woke up and could have sworn it was Spring. Decided to skip a junk-class or two at UNL and take a cruise with the top down.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I am neither... I live in St. Louis... a Midwestern (We get it ALL) Environment!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I'm from NJ...still waiting for that first nice day of spring to take the top down for the first time! It was a little wet out when I test drove it last month. We took it down in the garage to make sure everything was okay with it. Had a couple of nice days, but figured I'll build the anticipation by waiting a little while. The car's still a new experience to me now anyway, so why not save something?

Quick Reply: Northern vs Southern Convertibles