Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tibtronic mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:33 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

Default tibtronic mustangs

im reaally stuck in the middle between manual and automatic......so are there tibitronic mustangs?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:41 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: tibtronic mustangs

NOP THERE are is no semi auto in the mustangs and thats what i hate those ford focus has that semi auto and not the mustang damn it .....

listen before you do your descision just test drive the auto mustang at the dealer i test drove it... before i made any descision although i wanted manual but you know what happened ....

Old 02-14-2006, 04:48 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I think you mean - Tiptronic

Tiptronic is a type of discrete automatic transmission developed by Porsche and used in its vehicles and those of its licensees. A Tiptronic transmission can operate just as the common type of automatic transmission, but it also allows the driver to override the automatic mode by moving the shift lever into a second (Tiptronic) shift gate and permits, for example, downshifting to increase the braking effect of the engine.

Though Tiptronic transmissions allow the driver a certain measure of discrete control, the Tiptronic design is implemented using a torque converter like other automatic transmissions. A Tiptronic is not a computer controlled clutch-manual transmission or semi-automatic transmission.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:54 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Tiptronic is a type of discrete automatic transmission developed by Porsche and used in its vehicles and those of its licensees. A Tiptronic transmission can operate just as the common type of automatic transmission, but it also allows the driver to override the automatic mode by moving the shift lever into a second (Tiptronic) shift gate and permits, for example, downshifting to increase the braking effect of the engine.

Though Tiptronic transmissions allow the driver a certain measure of discrete control, the Tiptronic design is implemented using a torque converter like other automatic transmissions. A Tiptronic is not a computer controlled clutch-manual transmission or semi-automatic transmission.

ohh... i thought it was called semi auto ..... but its a manual without a foot clutch hahaha this is a faster way and easier and better to explain well sorry musiccityGT looks like u dont know how to explain...hehehe j/k i like ur way of explaining
Old 02-14-2006, 05:00 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

ohh... i thought it was called semi auto ..... but its a manual without a foot clutch hahaha this is a faster way and easier and better to explain well sorry musiccityGT looks like u dont know how to explain...hehehe j/k i like ur way of explaining
Sorry, didn't mean to get to technical for ya. You yank on the stick thingy in the console to make the gear thingys change without having to use your left foot to push on the extra peddle thingy. Heeheehee.......
Old 02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, didn't mean to get to technical for ya. You yank on the stick thingy in the console to make the gear thingys change without having to use your left foot to push on the extra peddle thingy. Heeheehee.......
BWHA HA HAH AHAAA HAAAHAA!!! !!!!

phew.... +1 MusiccityGT
Old 02-14-2006, 05:57 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

hahahahahahaha well said my friend you've gotta work as a teacher....lol dum students would really understand...

umm no i didnt say im dum lol i knew what tiptronic was...
Old 02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

[sm=hia.gif]Yeah! Tiptronic with independent suspension upgrade! That would be one hell of a bolt on......

hahahahahahaha well said my friend you've gotta work as a teacher....lol dum students would really understand...

umm no i didnt say im dum lol i knew what tiptronic was...
Old 02-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

BMW's and also some Honda Preludes have this feature. My Friend was using his tranny in his prelude and when he was shifting, he threw it into neutral and blew out the transmition.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:06 PM
BlackGTCoupe
1st Gear Member

honestly, as nice as it is to switch gears manually....with varying types of tiptronic or sequential manual transmissions....often times they deplete from the performance as much, if not more than automatics. TO clarify, in upshifting situations, it often takes away from quarter mile and 0-60 times due to lag.....however they are helpful when down shifting....because you can more quickly get the torque and power you need on demand vs. flooring it and waiting for the kickdown on a normal automatic. A lot depends on the throttle, the power of the car and gear ratio however. I had a semi-manual transmissions in a couple mercedes i owned, and they did improve performance beyond usual autos slightly....however i had a great normal automatic 6 speed ZF auto only in my supercharged jag and that thing was responsive as hell. Ultimately im pretty pleased with the auto in the mustang. Especially since i commute in traffic daily....manuals are irritating in southern cali. Im sure you will make the best choice based on your needs. best of luck!

-Christian

Quick Reply: tibtronic mustangs