Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tibtronic mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:40 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: tibtronic mustangs

Wouldn't it be great if the mustang had an optional steering wheel paddle shift system like the Farrari Enzo. SWEET!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:10 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F00Mustang

Wouldn't it be great if the mustang had an optional steering wheel paddle shift system like the Farrari Enzo. SWEET!
i wish...lol...i saw at some import shop a thing that would put buttons on the steering wheel that connects to something which controls the automatic shifting (i guess kind of like the tiptronic things)
i asked if it would work on my car and guy there said it probably would but he would have to look into it more

moral of the story:
import places actually do have some cool stuff

Old 02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

My 2002 Chrysler 300M had that feature, didn't use it much though. It just didn't feel right, you have to move the shifter right to shift up and left to shift down, I'm more of an up and down kinda guy. [sm=guilty.gif]
My brother's G35 was up to shift up and down to shift down. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
GTRacing
1st Gear Member

I have and have had both automatics with tiptronic (pedal shifters and at the console) and manuals. After going back and forth from car to car (Vette 555 bhp auto, Lotus Elise, Audi DSG, Audi Tiptronic, Mini 6 Speed) I finally decided they are totally different toys. The automatic is of course the best as a daily driver and I enjoy driving my 06 Subaru Baja Limited with a 2.7L Turbocharged Boxer. Most of the time I leave it in full auto mode but once in a while I tap the console stick forward to downshift. Don't have to do anything with gas, it just grunts and gets. Excellent for passing. I had an Audi RS6 (quattro, 550 bhp, pedal shifters). It was over powered as a daily driver and as a track car it was difficult to keep it at the junction (per the dyno graph) of the max hp and torque. On the other hand the manual for me is not a pleasant daily driver. To much foot work when traffic is heavy and it always is. However, on the track with the manual my right foot remains on the gas pedal and my left foot pulls double duty on the clutch and brake. This lets me keep the rpm's where I want. I have owned too many cars, looking for just the right one for the track/daily driver. I don't think there is one that is best for both. In my opinion (opinions are like aze who.es, every guy has one) you loose to much performance control with the automatic. If you are just tooling to and from then the auto is best. If you really want the Stang to show it's true potential, the manual is the way to go. I know every one can't do this but I think you need three rides. A daily driver, a track car, and a rally car. Life is good and requires a storage unit.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:23 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

auto guys:
b&m performance is currently working on an automatic shifter that will bolt in the stock console and give auto's the ability to manually change gears without overshifting. supposedly it will be able to uopshift and downshift. also they are working on other products to allow the autos to shift when input from the shifter is recieved. if you notice now when you manual shift sometimes it won't shift right away. they are going to try to fix this issue. from what they told me it will be a few months before all the bugs are worked out. they won't release it until it works correctly. i have also heard of another company(?name) that has a prototype valvebody which will cure some of these problems also. soon as i hear anymore i'll post a thread.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Manual Sequential Gearbox > Tiptronic by 100 miles
Old 03-04-2006, 05:30 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724
auto guys:
b&m performance is currently working on an automatic shifter that will bolt in the stock console and give auto's the ability to manually change gears without overshifting. supposedly it will be able to uopshift and downshift. also they are working on other products to allow the autos to shift when input from the shifter is recieved. if you notice now when you manual shift sometimes it won't shift right away. they are going to try to fix this issue. from what they told me it will be a few months before all the bugs are worked out. they won't release it until it works correctly. i have also heard of another company(?name) that has a prototype valvebody which will cure some of these problems also. soon as i hear anymore i'll post a thread.
Damn Spyder, definitely let ME know, I'm happy with my auto now, but that'd be like having the best of both worlds, and auto when you're in traffic or just don't feel like shifting and a "manual" when you want more control!