Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a small question to american spec mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:38 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default a small question to american spec mustangs

hey guys i wanted to know something

on my middle east spec mustang i can change the odo meter from km to MILES so can you guys exchange it like me ? i mean u use miles is is possible to put it as kilometers ?
Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default RE: a small question to american spec mustangs

Yea we can.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:01 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i never tried, but i dont think i can

but dont take my word for it
Old 02-14-2006, 05:11 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TMG

Yea we can.

AWESOME MAAAAAAN lol.... i just have something in mind yaaalllllll gonna know later...hhehehe
Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Phantom_Captain_13

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

ORIGINAL: TMG

Yea we can.

AWESOME MAAAAAAN lol.... i just have something in mind yaaalllllll gonna know later...hhehehe
Are mustangs even popular your side of the pond?? Are you the coolest guy on your block because you have one, haha!! I have no idea if they are imported or did you have to special order it etc? I thought that they were NOT being exported to Europe or the Mideast but it seems a few have them over there. Also, do they cost a lot more than we have to pay here in the states?? Just curious!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Hey Phantom_Captain_13! I see that you have the FRPP Borlas. How are they? Do they have any drone to them? I'm thinking about buying them. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Hey guys im new to the board but not to 'stangs. anyway, where i live in the middle east (doha, qatar) you do have to special order it. I dont know about pricing, but nissan 350Z's run about 180,000 qatari riyal here (about 60 grand U.S.). as 350z's are about the same price as the new stang i wouldnt be surprised if thats around what it would cost.

on popularity--- ive only seen maybe three mustangs here in the three years ive lived here. for the must part its all mercedes, BMW, and lexus.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Phantom_Captain_13

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

Hey Phantom_Captain_13! I see that you have the FRPP Borlas. How are they? Do they have any drone to them? I'm thinking about buying them. Thanks!

I really like them! They are only a bit louder (noticeably though) than stock but they have a much deeper throatier tone. Especially when you get on it, they really bark! No drone at all, once I am up on the highway (around 2000-2500 rpm) they are pretty much similar to how the stock sound. I totally recommend them as long as you aren't looking for something too loud.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Phantom_Captain_13

ORIGINAL: QatarStang

Hey guys im new to the board but not to 'stangs. anyway, where i live in the middle east (doha, qatar) you do have to special order it. I dont know about pricing, but nissan 350Z's run about 180,000 qatari riyal here (about 60 grand U.S.). as 350z's are about the same price as the new stang i wouldnt be surprised if thats around what it would cost.

on popularity--- ive only seen maybe three mustangs here in the three years ive lived here. for the must part its all mercedes, BMW, and lexus.
Hi! Welcome to the board.

Interesting! I figured most cars there are what you say, BMW, Lexus, etc. So you must really stand out driving that baby! Which model do you own? Do you get tons of looks, compliments and questions? What are peoples impressions of American Muscle there? I'm really curious!

I figured too that if you had to special import one it would be quite pricey! You are paying more than double of what we get here.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:48 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

sorry, dont want to give a false impression but i dont own a mustang as of right now. My stang ('02 GT, stock but not for long) stays in texas while im overseas. From what i can tell though, many of the locals love most of the american muscle. I see many lamborghinis and ferraris every day, but no where near as many as i see of corvettes and vipers. The other day i saw a Ford GT (NOT mustang gt) and a mercedes SLR Mclaren RACING. definitely not something you'd see in the U.S.

Quick Reply: a small question to american spec mustangs