Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SeatBelt beeping

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:21 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default SeatBelt beeping

OK this might be a weird question... Where can I turn off that annoying beeping that goes off when I am not wearing or the passanger is not wearing their seatbelt... I know its a touchy subject with all the safety implications... and I do wear my seatbelt but geez tht beeping sure is annoying.. can i turn it off?!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:57 PM
saltydog1820
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SeatBelt beeping

Yes. Read your owners manual.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 AM
RyanAcosta
1st Gear Member

I could be wrong but im pretty sure this is the procedure

Turn car on (not the engine)
wait for the seatbelt light to turn off (minute or so)
buckle unbuckle nine times ending in unbuckle (dont go to fast otherwise it wont work)
the light will turn on then off
after light turns off buckle unbuckle

should deactivate after that, you gotta do it for the passenger side seperatley as well.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:43 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Ever since I bought my 2005 Stang...I wore the seatbelt. My wife gets in the car and a bit down the road it starts beeping. I just look at her and she knows why. I think its pretty good thing to get people to wear them. In the past, I never wore seatbelts only on the main highways on trips. I've been in about 5 accidents over the years (not any my fault) and I only wore the seatbelt one time and I got more hurt from it than the accident itself. It actually left bruises and cut into my shoulder and sides when the cars collided.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:33 AM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

My hubby unplugged the passenger side in mine, but I don't think the driver's side unplugs...or he just got lazy and told me it doesn't. But I wear it now anyways.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:29 AM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RyanAcosta

I could be wrong but im pretty sure this is the procedure

Turn car on (not the engine)
wait for the seatbelt light to turn off (minute or so)
buckle unbuckle nine times ending in unbuckle (dont go to fast otherwise it wont work)
the light will turn on then off
after light turns off buckle unbuckle

should deactivate after that, you gotta do it for the passenger side seperatley as well.
LOL this reminds me of that video game Contra for the old Nintendo system with their code.. UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A SELECT START
Old 02-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

You have to be retarded (no offence) to not wear your seatbelt.. cmon people, even race car driver's wear seatbelts, unless im missing something, what makes you so special? Trust me, kissing the windsheild going 80mph isnt fun. just my 0.167666 EURO

Old 02-17-2006, 02:15 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Don't get me wrong... I wear my seatbelt all the time, Especially since my dad was in a bad accident and the only thing saving his life was a seatbelt... It's just that really annoying beep gets me if I am just going down the road (i live pretty much on a deserted road) to test something out and that beeping is going off while I'm trying to hear for somethng else maybe.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:26 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

My normal mode of operation is start the car, back out of the garage, put on the seatbelt, then drive away.

The only way to keep from hearing the seatbelt beep is to put it on before starting the car, which is slightly more annoying. If there truly is a way to disable the seatbelt beeper, I would love to try it.

I was wondering if RyanAcosta was serious, but on page 95 of the 2005 Mustang Owner's Guide it gives pretty much those instructions. Now I'm wondering if that's a one-time thing or if it permanently disables the feature. Guess I'll find out when I drive the car home for lunch today, since I intend to try out the procedure.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:18 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

I wear my seat belt! But, if you dont like the annoying sound of your 05 Mustangs seatbelt alarm, Buy an 06! I traded my 05 in yesterday for and 06 and the thing is alot easier to take than the one in my 05.

Quick Reply: SeatBelt beeping