Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SeatBelt beeping

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SeatBelt beeping

Okay, I went through the procedure to turn off the seatbelt alarm, plugged it in nine times and all that. Everything blinked and beeped just like it said in the manual. It still didn't disable the six seconds of beeping if I start the car before latching the seatbelt.

So what exactly have I done to the car by going through that procedure?
I didn't notice a procedure for undoing it.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Scott, I'm not answering your question but I'm too a seatbelt wearer and if their is one company that is annoying it is Ford. Their alarms drive me crazy. Especially in the crown vicks.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:10 PM
madagajs

Scott, you need to follow the directions exactly in the manual. You have to put the key in, put the car in neutral, turn the key to right before where it engages the starter, and wait for the seatbelt light to go off. Then, you buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times, leaving it unbuckled after the last one. One of the lights then comes on, and you quickly buckle and unbuckle one more time. This worked fine for me yesterday. You have to repeat this for the passenger seatbelt as well.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: madagajs

Scott, you need to follow the directions exactly in the manual. You have to put the key in, put the car in neutral, turn the key to right before where it engages the starter, and wait for the seatbelt light to go off. Then, you buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times, leaving it unbuckled after the last one. One of the lights then comes on, and you quickly buckle and unbuckle one more time. This worked fine for me yesterday. You have to repeat this for the passenger seatbelt as well.

Then up, up down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start,

Then pat your head while rubbing your belly. lol
Old 02-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Ain't no *hit.
ORIGINAL: Tik_Tok

ORIGINAL: madagajs

Then up, up down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start,

Then pat your head while rubbing your belly. lol
Old 02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Ok I tried it too on my 05 and it did the flashing lights but it still didn't get rid of the start up beeping but I'm not sure if it will still do it when driving.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:01 PM
RyanAcosta
1st Gear Member

The same procedure will reactivate the BeltChime
Old 02-20-2006, 04:24 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Okay, let me clarify what has happened with my particular Mustang.

I went through the procedure to disable the beeper as described in the owner's manual on page 95. Based on the way the car beeped and blinked things, I'm sure that it did what it was supposed to.

Now, if I drive the car without putting on the seatblelt, it still beeps for the first six seconds if I start the car before latching the belt, but I never hear anything else from it if I drive the car without putting on the seatbelt.

What I was hoping is that I could get it to behave just the opposite of that. Don't beep when I start the car, but beep if I start driving off without wearing the seatbelt.

After paying closer attention to my wife's VW, it also beeps if you start the car before putting on the belt, it's just not anywhere as annoying. I wish these cars were fully programmable what we want them to warn us about and how annoying we want them to be. Oh well.