Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Beware (Long but need to get the word out)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 PM
jskwarek

Default Dealer Beware (Long but need to get the word out)

Click HERE for a copy of the letter that I have unfortunately been forced to send to my dealership along with their owning company. The reason I have had to do this is because my dealership, in short wrecked my brand new '06 Mustang GT with 1000 miles on it, treated me like slim and told me they weren't going to pay for it, that it was my fault, and now that it has finally been fixed are now refusing to give me documentation that the work has been done.

Please share your opinions they will be notified as you will see in the letter that I am posting on every Ford enthusiast forum I frequent to show that word of mouth is the best weapon against bad business.

Jason
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Dealer Beware (Long but need to get the word out)

Wow...

Now... I am thinking it is bogus... TELL ME IF I AM WRONG!

I have an UGNO Remote start on my05 Mustang GT... you can NOT start it with the remote if my car is in gear. (Granted it is an automatic, but I have friends with manuals with remote start and the car will NOT start unless it is in NETURAL AND the Parking Brake it ON).

Having sensors on Netural and the Parking Brake is STANDARD Practice on any Manual Tranmission install, and if you had the install done with a professional shop that is exactly how they did it - - at least with the Netural Sensor...

I am thinking the Washing kid took your car for a joy ride around the parking lot and lost control of it - then is using the remote start as an excuse to save his job (and a possible law suite!).

Please tell me I am correct and your remote start won't activate unless the car is in netural! If THAT is the case.. you have one hell of a law suite agains the Ford dealership.

A well versed letter by the way!
Old 02-17-2006, 08:12 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Wow. That pisses me off. [:@]

That really really pisses me off.

I love how that ******* immediately said, "not my problem." What the hell.

Very professional letter. Couple spelling mistakes here and there. I'll go over them if you'd like, but you probably already sent the letter.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

If you haven't sent it already, there really are a few typos you should fix including one of the dates in your timeline. It's fairly obvious to anyone familiar with these cars and systems what happened. Sadly, most employees at a dealership are not that familiar with their product, let alone popular aftermarket mods.

Best of luck! I know I always feel like I should bring a lawyer with me whenever I go to a dealership...
Old 02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
jskwarek

Professor, the way my remote start works is if the car is left in gear with the e-brake pulled the car will immediately stall, but there is no safety mechanism that notifies the alarm that the car is in gear.

As for the spelling mistakes, well... the letter has already been sent. I have read this thing one million times making sure that I was professional and correct, I guess I just missed a few here and there.

I just got a bounce back to Mike Henry's e-mail address. Apparently the information I was given was wrong. If anyone can supply me with the correct e-mail address for the GM of North Central Ford I would appreciate it. I am also sending him a hard copy so he'll get the letter one way or another.

Jason
Old 02-17-2006, 08:32 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

That is crazy, you have every right to be mad. I would take them to court and I agree with PW, as far as I know manuals have to be in neutral to start with the remote.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

A few comments...

first, that's bullsh*t on the dealers side. There's no way to remote start an automatic car and have it drive because it would have to be in D, and if it's in D you cannot remove the key from the fob (at least thats how Dodge's are). Can you actually shut down a mustang while it's in D and remove the key? If not, case closed.

Another thing is, dont be discouraged. All manufacturer body shops are run by a bunch of donkeys. This is not exclusive only to Fords. The Honda body shops in my area are HORRIBLE. Same story with them, they keep pushing the release date back and never call you. Bottom line is, if you hand your keys off to a dealersh*t, prepare the lube and pull down the pants. And they treat everyone like a villain. [:'(]

Definitely go after those bastards. I'm sure tahts why body shops are so damn busy anyway, because they cannot humanly do a single thing right and get complaints all the time. File with your insurance company that they wrecked your car. But most of all, dont take it personally. They treat everyone the same way.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:32 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

uninvolved third party view here...just another opinion...

first off very sad to hear of the incident.

I dont know, but I *think* if your car can be remote started(even attempting to crank) while in gear, that had it ran into a bunch of new cars instead of a curb, your installer would be on the hook for a huge lawsuit...I dont pretend to know legalities, but it just sounds way,way wrong to me to be able to remote start a stick without a neutral switch, if at all.

perhaps thought of just such an incident were going thru dealer guys mind, putting him in instant a**hole mode...what if it had ran over a customer???

I do think your installer ought to be getting as big of a black eye as anyone here- counting on a parking brake to stall the engine wont fly...in a parking lot it would still lurch into car/curb/bus full of nuns or whatever in front of it, or if brake held it back hard enough and it tried to crank, would likely explode battery or start a underhood fire. 'locking' a starter would be same as shorting out the cables...I'd be highly pissed at your installer, as had someone gotten hurt, bith you and he coulda lost everything in court- I would guess a lawyer would have a field day with every insurance company they could chase...

Id be glad it wasnt worse, and seriously think about any repercussions going back to installing company- they are to blame 100% in my mind.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:56 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Juntech

A few comments...

first, that's bullsh*t on the dealers side. There's no way to remote start an automatic car and have it drive because it would have to be in D, and if it's in D you cannot remove the key from the fob (at least thats how Dodge's are). Can you actually shut down a mustang while it's in D and remove the key? If not, case closed.

Another thing is, dont be discouraged. All manufacturer body shops are run by a bunch of donkeys. This is not exclusive only to Fords. The Honda body shops in my area are HORRIBLE. Same story with them, they keep pushing the release date back and never call you. Bottom line is, if you hand your keys off to a dealersh*t, prepare the lube and pull down the pants. And they treat everyone like a villain. [:'(]

Definitely go after those bastards. I'm sure tahts why body shops are so damn busy anyway, because they cannot humanly do a single thing right and get complaints all the time. File with your insurance company that they wrecked your car. But most of all, dont take it personally. They treat everyone the same way.

i get pissed every time i turn my car off in D....tis true...can't take the key out of the ignition if the car is still in D, even if you turn it all the way off....just no way.

i can just imagine the look on your service manager's face when he gets this letter....you CC'd thousands of people (literally). i know if i got this kind of letter from a customer, i'd shart my pants a little....then i'd find out how to place all the blame on the moron who ****ed the car up in the first place. good job and good luck!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

uninvolved third party view here...just another opinion...

first off very sad to hear of the incident.

I dont know, but I *think* if your car can be remote started(even attempting to crank) while in gear, that had it ran into a bunch of new cars instead of a curb, your installer would be on the hook for a huge lawsuit...I dont pretend to know legalities, but it just sounds way,way wrong to me to be able to remote start a stick without a neutral switch, if at all.

perhaps thought of just such an incident were going thru dealer guys mind, putting him in instant a**hole mode...what if it had ran over a customer???

I do think your installer ought to be getting as big of a black eye as anyone here- counting on a parking brake to stall the engine wont fly...in a parking lot it would still lurch into car/curb/bus full of nuns or whatever in front of it, or if brake held it back hard enough and it tried to crank, would likely explode battery or start a underhood fire. 'locking' a starter would be same as shorting out the cables...I'd be highly pissed at your installer, as had someone gotten hurt, bith you and he coulda lost everything in court- I would guess a lawyer would have a field day with every insurance company they could chase...

Id be glad it wasnt worse, and seriously think about any repercussions going back to installing company- they are to blame 100% in my mind.
huh? did this ^ make sense to anyone else?

sorry dude, but from what i understand of the story, it sounds like the story the dealership gave from the start is a flat out lie. when you asked how the accident had happened, the dealership's first response was "well we dont really know". that's a HUGE BS answer if you ask me. if I were the service manager, i would make it my job to know EVERY last detail of a major accident like this so i could cover my ***. when the dealership told you that the guy who caused the accident was reluctant to own up to it at first, that's another huge red flag in my mind. and based on the BS auto start in gear story that they gave you....it honestly sounds like something else was going on here (joy riding perhaps? drinking on the job? something). and the fact that one of the other managers basically told you to go F yourself, because it's not his problem? HUGE red flag. what he did, was turn on you, to try to make YOU the bad guy, hoping that this would make you "realize" that your aftermarket non-ford part was the cause of the damage, and not an irresponsible grease monkey.

whatever you end up doing - persue it all the way. from what i understand, it sounds like the story they gave you is mechanically impossible. either the dealership is lying to you or....well....they're lying to you....i don't see it any other way. (and it wouldn't be the first tim a dealership lied to someone) good luck man.

Quick Reply: Dealer Beware (Long but need to get the word out)