Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a boosted integra kill a mustang gt?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default Can a boosted integra kill a mustang gt?

Just curious. I was at my new job today and one of the guys has a turbocharged Teg GSR (11 lbs of boost). He says he's running around 300 hp at the wheels. Given that it was done properly do you think it could take a stock manual GT? I want to get a GT but if i can get dusted by integra turbos...then . Is making the Stang GT's considerably faster very costly?

Also, he says Stang GT's have a hard time hooking up during launch. True or no?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can a boosted integra kill a mustang gt?

You'll be doing circles around that ricer with a 2006 GT and a vortech....
Old 02-17-2006, 08:50 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Juntech

Just curious. I was at my new job today and one of the guys has a turbocharged Teg GSR (11 lbs of boost). He says he's running around 300 hp at the wheels. Given that it was done properly do you think it could take a stock manual GT? I want to get a GT but if i can get dusted by integra turbos...then . Is making the Stang GT's considerably faster very costly?

If he can hook up than a 300whp teg is going to beat a 270 whp GT stang. The stangs hook up pretty good but he will reel you in. He has more whp and weighs less. The 3 valve GTs respond very well to mods, I think you should get one. If you lose to a teg, it doesn' t matter there is always someone faster.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:33 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 757GT

ORIGINAL: Juntech

If he can hook up than a 300whp teg is going to beat a 270 whp GT stang. The stangs hook up pretty good but he will reel you in. He has more whp and weighs less. The 3 valve GTs respond very well to mods, I think you should get one. If you lose to a teg, it doesn' t matter there is always someone faster.
You are correct my dear sir, power to weigh ratio is a killer. On top of that there was a kid around here that built up his B18 engine and was runing race gas and turbo boosted (22psi) his integra to the nice tune of 511 whp. On the highway that car would devour all stock GT mustangs, even a 496 whp Cobra that we had on the dyno could not beat that car from a roll. The teg would always reel him in at the end.
So choose your battles wisely.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:37 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I dunno, but think with enough mod money a yugo might beat them both...but it would still look like a yugo.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

I dunno, but think with enough mod money a yugo might beat them both...but it would still look like a yugo.

That is a very good point. There are plenty of cars out there that can beat a stocked GT. If it bothers you you can do plenty to make it faster or just go buy a 03 or 04 Cobra.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:38 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

True that, my friend.......true that. A stinky pig with a rocket attached to his back might be faster than any human alive.....but in the end, he's still just a stinky pig[sm=loser.gif]

I really don't think the existance of a few freak ricers out there should dissuade anyone from getting a new mustang if thats what they dig. Any integra runnin mad HP like that can't feel that impressed with himself for beating a stock car that weighs more and has less power under the wheels....he knows what he had to do to that car to accomplish that. No knock against the guy for dialing in his ride so well, I just don't think you should feel bad about being behind the wheel of a stang when it happens. Odds are, it would happen to you in the ride you currently drive anyways.
Get the GT dude, and mod it if you have a few insecurities about your stock HP....simple.[8D]
Old 02-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

"Let yo *** hit where you sit."

"Drop a *hit where yo *** split."
Old 02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Mattieb87

a 511 whp integra after the cost of the car and all of the modifications probably also costs MORE than a stock mustang gt....and his motor is probably pushed pretty close to its limites...hes got 4 cylinders...a mustang has 8...there is no replacement for displacement...even with infinate amounts of money in the end you'll always be able to get mroe power with 8 cylinders than 4
Old 02-19-2006, 07:37 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

It's so frustrating for me to always here about modded cars against a stock GT. Will he walk you - YES - would he would walk you if his car was stock - certainly not.

Your comparing apples to oranges - if you want to be fair to yourself, then ask what stock cars can your stock car beat and I think you will be happy. You have to match power adders to do a fair comparison. If you were running a s/c with 11 psi - it wouldn't even be a race - it would be a joke. [8D]

Quick Reply: Can a boosted integra kill a mustang gt?