Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sound system in the o6??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:04 PM
canefanfolife
I ♥ Acer

Default sound system in the o6??

I have an 06 gt, im in the market for subs and i think i want 1 10'w7 in the trunk! does any1 have a w7 or have any other set up suggestions?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

Default RE: sound system in the o6??

go with 2 w6's
Old 02-22-2006, 10:08 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

from what i been hearing about the W7's, you really want one, i actually plan on getting one once i move outta this ghetto apartment complex and can feel comfortable sleeping at night.....
Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 PM
skin5050
2nd Gear Member

I have the infinity bass link sub. Had it it my other car too. Sounds great. Great thing about it is it's all one piece, no amps.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:18 PM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

JL will have a Stealthbox loaded with a 13W6 sometime soon. You could write them and ask when, 'cos I already bothered them enough. Can't go wrong with a W7 either though.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:57 AM
pottsi

I have a 10w7 powered by a 500/1 in a sealed box. If you have the radio loud all the time it's great, puts out good clean powerfull bass. It even makes the vents in the trunk vibrate, a floping sound by the side reflectors. The down side is when you turn the radio down to where you can talk normally you lose a lot of bass. You should go with 6.5" components up front to help make up for that. I also thought about puting aftermarket subs in the doors to replace the worthless factory ones (mine are not connected). I found that Blaupunkt makes a sub shallow enough to fit but I need to upgrade my electrical sys first. Good luck with whatever you do.
Jeff
Old 02-26-2006, 01:55 AM
canefanfolife
I ♥ Acer

Yeah im def. the person that blairs their music!! So when i install the w7 put component speakers in the front? and some ppl with a jl's tell me to get a ported box? Whats better for the w7 sealed or ported?
Old 02-26-2006, 04:30 AM
04redmach1
1st Gear Member

Jl is good and all, but the price you pay isnt worth it. ever heard of Stereo Integrity or Adire Audio?? check out their sites. Better Sq than JL and cheaper.
www.stereointegrity.com
www.adireaudio.com

Ask any true audio nut, and he will tell you how good these subs are.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:18 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pottsi

I have a 10w7 powered by a 500/1 in a sealed box. If you have the radio loud all the time it's great, puts out good clean powerfull bass. It even makes the vents in the trunk vibrate, a floping sound by the side reflectors. The down side is when you turn the radio down to where you can talk normally you lose a lot of bass. You should go with 6.5" components up front to help make up for that. I also thought about puting aftermarket subs in the doors to replace the worthless factory ones (mine are not connected). I found that Blaupunkt makes a sub shallow enough to fit but I need to upgrade my electrical sys first. Good luck with whatever you do.
Jeff
What's the available depth behind there? I didn't feel like peeling the speaker off since I won't be upgrading any time soon.

You could use an MDF ring to space the sub out from the door. Or, I think Infinity used to make a neodymium 8 incher that was only like 1.5" thick and would add a lot of volume to the enclosure with the smaller motor structure.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:04 PM
nickd06
1st Gear Member

I am wondering the same thing. I love music and I love to listen to it loud. I was leaning towards 2 12w7's for the trunk, but I don't know what component speakers to get to replace the factory ones. I want high end ones that sound amazing but can also handle LOUD music...any ideas? And also amps...don't know who has the best, any of you guys have an opinion? And finally the HU (Head unit)...like i said, high end, something that will make my system sound good, but also LOOK amazing as well...

Quick Reply: sound system in the o6??