Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This car left me on the side of the road again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default This car left me on the side of the road again!

Well last night I was driving it thinking it was finally fixed from all of its other issues and it overheats. So it is in the shop today again. My dealer keeps charging me because they keep saying the mods are causing the problems. This car is costing me $570 for the payment and about another $400 a month trying to keep it running properly. I think I am going to go to the darkside. I have had it. Every time I think this car is back to running right something else goes wrong. I am going to go look at GTOs if Ford charges me for this fix. Have you all had any overheating problems with yours?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: This car left me on the side of the road again!

Mine overheated and it did so before any of my mods. Mine was just a burnt out fuse that caused it to overheat. Have them check all your fuses before they tear your car apart.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

make sure your fan is plugged in....passenger side of the radiator.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I hope I am not seeing a trend that these cars with tunes begin acting up after a while. Your car my car and I have read on other forums as well as know two people in town that are all having issues. Now that these things have been around I hope that some of the first generation tunes aren't the culprit. I hope you get your issues straightened out. Mine doesn't seem as snappy as before all my troubles began, but it does seem to be running smoothly.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Its funny that you mentioned the fan because that was the fuse that burned out on mine. So the fan was not running and the car would overheat.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:16 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

The fan is plugged in but it is not working. I checked the fuses, I shook them to see if anything was rattling it seemed fine so I don't know. I also think the thermostat might be bad.

Ghost, I hear you, mine does not feel as strong either. For the day that it ran right it felt slower then before and like I said the dyno showed a loss after the pullies. I am getting concerned too.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:40 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

You got to remeber with bramd new models for a year or so there a kinks that go on. If you have a warrenty f it the'll fix it for free. Im not sure if yourmods caused this but usually if you mod your car you go to know that the warrenty will probaly be voided. If the dealer says its from the mods, bring it to the person that modded it and maybe he will find the problem and fix it once and for all, if the dealership knows that you are willing to pay once everytime you come up there "it will be the same problem" and they will keep chargeing.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:43 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

I don't think it is from the mods, all the mods and the tune have been on the car for at least 10k miles besides the pullies. All of these issues are recent.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

hmmmm, bring it to someone other than a ford tech, maybe someone who can be alittle more straight up with you and can fix it once and for all, something is causing this, ford will have you keep coming as long as they have any say in it.....I hate dealerships. my saleen been up there for a week and Im sure joy riding in my f in car
Old 02-23-2006, 01:54 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cableguymicah

hmmmm, bring it to someone other than a ford tech, maybe someone who can be alittle more straight up with you and can fix it once and for all, something is causing this, ford will have you keep coming as long as they have any say in it.....I hate dealerships. my saleen been up there for a week and Im sure joy riding in my f in car

Yeah, I am pretty sure they are not joyriding in mine since it won't run but for about 5 mins before it overheats.

Quick Reply: This car left me on the side of the road again!