Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

White Stang - Black Stripe: Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 09:05 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Now I just have to wait for the guy to make it and install it. I'm looking at next Friday for the install.
Will be like having a new car all over again!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Since you have the stone interior..have you thought about a tan color stripe?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Since you have the stone interior..have you thought about a tan color stripe?
Yeah, actually I did, but it looked kinda weird..... I think tan would look great with a darker color, but doesn't look good on the white. There wasn't a tan color stripe option on the mustang painter, only gold.... If someone can photoshop one to match the tan top it would be awesome. It may look good after all!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Yeah, actually I did, but it looked kinda weird..... I think tan would look great with a darker color, but doesn't look good on the white. There wasn't a tan color stripe option on the mustang painter, only gold.... If someone can photoshop one to match the tan top it would be awesome. It may look good after all!
When I had my '05 I had an installer match my stripes to a spefici color that I wanted because the Ford dealer did not have it. Ask around and you might be able to find someone local to do it. it cost me alittle extra for the vinyl but it was worth it in the end
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
When I had my '05 I had an installer match my stripes to a spefici color that I wanted because the Ford dealer did not have it. Ask around and you might be able to find someone local to do it. it cost me alittle extra for the vinyl but it was worth it in the end
Very true. So, do you think stripes to match my top (pic below) would look good on the white?

My convertible top:

Stripes I want:

Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Badbee

Default Red stripes

I'll be looking at a track pack. white with red leather next week. If I buy it I'm leaning toward red stripes since the interior is red. I've seen a GT 500, white with red stripes and it looked killer. Anyone have pics of a GT rather than the GT500, white with red stripes?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Badbee
I'll be looking at a track pack. white with red leather next week. If I buy it I'm leaning toward red stripes since the interior is red. I've seen a GT 500, white with red stripes and it looked killer. Anyone have pics of a GT rather than the GT500, white with red stripes?
It will look good!!

Last edited by wilkinda; 10-07-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Badbee
If I had red interior, I'd go with red for sure..... The reason I was leaning towards black strips is because there is black on the car. The interior is tan, the roof is tan, so maybe that's an option too. I'm just not sure if tan stripes would look as good as black, so I'm still open to opinions!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Very true. So, do you think stripes to match my top (pic below) would look good on the white?

My convertible top:

Stripes I want:

I think it will..but I am not a photoshop guy so I can't do that for you in advance
Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

Holy Crap the red looks sweet as hell!!! How do you think the red stripes would look on white with Saddle interior? Also, what wheels are those?

Quick Reply: White Stang - Black Stripe: Opinions?