Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Has anybody taken off a 2010 rear valence and installed the roush?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 10:56 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
Seems like you might need a front air dam to complete the look.

Yup that's why I bought that roush splitter and apr splitter rods with a little custom work it will fit on the v-6s and according to the instruction manual that roush sent it shows it fitting the gt's as well at least in several of the installation pics. To the op I allready did the install but I am thinking about taking a few pics and re-writing that into some type of a install guide since I would guess a lot of us will be doing lower valance change outs on the 2010's I really can't wait to see what else comes out so far its only shelby&roush I know a lot of others must be in the works as far as rear difffusers go. I would like to see a good eleanor option to

Last edited by 3.73-11; 09-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I can t believe how bad IMHO the GT Front fascia is...i mean really....the Roush Front fascia nailed it..look great as well as the GT 500...

i mean even the V6 looks better then the GT..
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I guess I'm going to have to see those skirts in person, they kind of look like the rock rails on my Jeep Rubicon! My Stang is in the body shop today getting the hood repainted after an aluminum sign flew off of the back of a roll back truck and hit my hood spinning vertically. I hope "they" start coming out with aftermarket hoods soon!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by torch red
I can t believe how bad IMHO the GT Front fascia is...i mean really....the Roush Front fascia nailed it..look great as well as the GT 500...

i mean even the V6 looks better then the GT..
GTFO.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
GTFO.
Dude whats your issue..NOOB...you GTFO...i mean really...with your 200 posts thats all u have to say..i mean really..nothing to say.. except GTFO..

WOW..now thats insightful...

i been on this site a long time and no i wont GTFO so get the sand out of your vagina... and stop complaining like a bitch...I have alot more to ad then u can fathom...and i know the 05-10 mustang inside and out...unlike you..

GTFO!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by torch red
I can t believe how bad IMHO the GT Front fascia is...i mean really....the Roush Front fascia nailed it..
Except four foglights just looks silly unless you plan on doing the Dakar rally. If I were to get the Roush fascia, I'd have to get the billet upper grill sans lights, too.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I already have the complete Roush nose ordered with front-splitter
Hey Dave, did you order it already painted? If so, you can be the Grabber Blue test mule to see how well matches!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Except four foglights just looks silly unless you plan on doing the Dakar rally. If I were to get the Roush fascia, I'd have to get the billet upper grill sans lights, too.
Agreed...!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4literv6
I just did the ford acc/gt500 style on my 2010 4.0 this weekend it's pretty easy I took my tailiights off but you don't have to.
To get the stock valance off you undo the 3 philips head screws in each side of the rear wheel wells*as they are in a hard to reach place unless you take your rear wheels off so I used a 1/4 drive socket along with a philips bit to get at them just use firm pressure and a steady hand they will be tight at first, you will also need to remove 4 push in tabs 2 per side under the rear bumper these require a flat screw driver for removal then you unsnap/pop out the 2 white tabs in the lower center part of your bumper and the rest of the rear bumper will simply unsnap as its held in place by a bunch of push pin type connectors don't worry they are reusable so just pull straight out on them. However there is a wiring harness for the lights that you will need to unplug and pull out in order to remove the bumper assembly. To get to this you will need to remove your center trim panel in the rear storage area, do that by unscrewing the 2 top connectors 1 each side and popping out the 2 bottom push in connectors and then pull up to pop out the top push in tabs. That will give you access to the wiring harness simply unplug it and pull it threw the factory hole along with the rubber grommett and then the rear bumper will come off its kind of ackward to manuever so be carefull. Also be sure to spread some cardboard or something like a blanket over the area you plan on setting your bumper down to avoid scratching your paint!
To remove the lower valance from the bumper assembly it uses several push in wiring connectors that you will need to remove by simply pulling straight up, it also uses a total of 8 *4 per side push in tab connectors* simply use a flat head screwdriver to remove these, then you will need to unscrew a total of 4 philips head screws *2 per side* and then using an assistant*it will be easier with one than without* to pull the bumper portitions apart as the lower is held to the upper by more push in type tabs the middle ones under the liscense plate were the hardest to remove requiring a good bit of elbow grease and since I didn't want to scratch my brand new paint I had my wife hold each side so it wouldn't flop around while I pulled the sections apart.
That done simply put your stock valance aside*since you have a gt be sure to put it up for sale somewhere as us v-6 guys will be snapping them up for getting duals installed I would guess $75-100 would be a fair asking price* and re-install your roush valance by lining up the center first and pushing it in firmly then the sides. I would then re-install the 8 push tabs first to get everything else in line then the 4 philips screws then re install by pushing in firmly the wiring harness connectors. Then re-install your bumper by having your assistant hold it in place so you can put the wiring harness back and the grommett, then push in the top portion firmly using the palm of your hand there are 6 connectors total, then start at one side and line up and push it into place you will have to pull the bumper over the area using the screws in the wheel well, once both sides are lined up and everything is lined up re-install the 3 philips head screws and 2 push in tabs per side and then push in the lower 2 white tabs and you should also have 2 more 1 per side push in tabs holding the lower edges of your valance*I forgot these make sure you remove the factory ones as us v6 guys don't have them but I assume the gts do? All in all even removing the tailights this took me less than an hour and I had never done it before or read any instructions so thats not to bad It was however just like swapping bumpers on my 06 but actually easier because it took me more time to unsnap the bumper sections and get the new lower valance installed&lined up then it did to pull everything else apart. The gt500 piece looks great imo and I can't wait to get my custom 4" tip duals done!
just wanted to say thanks. this writeup helped me with my install a ton only took about an hour and a half with it being just me.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
rkaiser

I couldn't find a DIY section, but here

If anyone is going to do this mod.

Quick Reply: Has anybody taken off a 2010 rear valence and installed the roush?