Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Planning on switching to 20's, Q's about TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:20 PM
rogotiz3
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I am also interested in the SHR louvers. What do they look like from the inside? Are they flush like glass? Can you actually see out of them?
I had my SHR's smoked and painted and I can still see out of them pretty decently. The picture below doesn't really help because of the camera flash, but I think rear side visibility isn't that bad.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:37 PM
BRUZER

Those SHR's look great...
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 AM
FIST

How do you install the side louvers? Does it replace the entire window(glass and all) or is it something simple like tape/glue and your done?
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Replaces the glass
Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 AM
FIST

thanks. +1 for louvers.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

ok guys i used to work in the lube rack of the dealer wilkinda uses so i am here to clear up any questions about the TPMS on the 2010 ford vehicles

it is correct that it is a whole new setup no more bands and clips or any of that. The setup is very similar to the dodge and chevy setup(i believe im not well versed with other manufacturers). You will be able to reuse the factory sensors but you will need to buy new valvestems and they use a certain special valve stem you cant just use any run of the mill valve stem. The new sensor is attached to the valve stem via a small screw that is easily removed with the tire broken down. If you want you can purchase a training tool from your dealership parts department if i remember right they arent too expensive and can be very handy to have if you like to play with your air pressures.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Heliguy77
1st Gear Member

Thanks "Mustang Boy"

Do you know if we can just re-use the stems that are in the OEM rims that we are switching out or is it better to just buy new ones?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Carl2009

I put 20" BOSS 338s on my 2010 and reused my original TPS sensors.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Mustang Boy
ok guys i used to work in the lube rack of the dealer wilkinda uses so i am here to clear up any questions about the TPMS on the 2010 ford vehicles

it is correct that it is a whole new setup no more bands and clips or any of that. The setup is very similar to the dodge and chevy setup(i believe im not well versed with other manufacturers). You will be able to reuse the factory sensors but you will need to buy new valvestems and they use a certain special valve stem you cant just use any run of the mill valve stem. The new sensor is attached to the valve stem via a small screw that is easily removed with the tire broken down. If you want you can purchase a training tool from your dealership parts department if i remember right they arent too expensive and can be very handy to have if you like to play with your air pressures.
Used too???? What happened??
Old 09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Mustang Boy
3rd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Heliguy77
Thanks "Mustang Boy"

Do you know if we can just re-use the stems that are in the OEM rims that we are switching out or is it better to just buy new ones?
no the valve stems are very similar to regular rubber valve stems except they have a little brass "fitting" at the end where the sensor is attached. they are the same as regular valve stems in the fact that when you pull them out you have to pull them through the rim which 99.99999999% if the time breaks/destroys the valve stem so it is mandatory to get a new valve stem but the sensors are 100% reuseable unless they are damaged somehow

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Used too???? What happened??

and yes i was let go the day after labor day for a reason i dont really agree with but i will not go into it on here because i still love Brandon Ford and do not want to drag their name through the mud in any way especially since i would love to go back and work there as a full tech one day once im more experienced

Quick Reply: Planning on switching to 20's, Q's about TPMS