Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?

I'm installing the GT grille on my V6 tonight (removing the pony package grille). Any tips for installation? It should be fairly easy, but the easiest tasks always end up being the biggest pain.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
rogotiz3
1st Gear Member

I'm installing a roush grille on my GT, I also want to know some tips for installing the grille
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rogotiz3
I'm installing a roush grille on my GT, I also want to know some tips for installing the grille
Ya, I'm going to be installing mine soon also. Did you get the Roush grille with the foglights or the roush grille blanked out.

discodave
i didn't think you could put the gt grille on the v6?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
Ya, I'm going to be installing mine soon also. Did you get the Roush grille with the foglights or the roush grille blanked out.

discodave
You are absolutely right..... The GT grille is way too big.... It would have been nice if the parts guy at the dealer would've told me that when I ordered it. I hope I can return this stuff, or else I have 400 bucks worth of crap I can't use. We shall see....
Old 10-05-2009, 10:45 PM
rogotiz3
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wise_jonny

discodave
I just got the grille and I'll be getting rid of the fogs since I got HID's installed. I love the look of the roush complete bumper but I just got stripes done on the stock ones.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Roush has a Grill with Fog lights I thought Roushs with fogs where just the GT stock grills, and I knew they had a grill with no emblem or fog lights! Hmm I wish I could get over the thought of giving up my Fogs because I love the Blank Roush Grill!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

To pull the facia, I did this tonight, remove the black splash shield under the front end (two pieces) by removing the little 5.5mm screws. Then there is a 10mm bolt inboard of each head light on the top, remove those, lift up a little on the facia to disengage the front enough to unplug the fog lights. In the fender wells, remove the bottom two bolts at the front on each side. Unplug the side marker lamps from under where the splash shiels used to be. Peel the facia out from the wheel wells on each side, then the whole facia should lift off. You can do all your grill work then. The grill is held in place by a bunch of tabs inside the facia. It only took about thirty minutes to remove the facia.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
rogotiz3
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
To pull the facia, I did this tonight, remove the black splash shield under the front end (two pieces) by removing the little 5.5mm screws. Then there is a 10mm bolt inboard of each head light on the top, remove those, lift up a little on the facia to disengage the front enough to unplug the fog lights. In the fender wells, remove the bottom two bolts at the front on each side. Unplug the side marker lamps from under where the splash shiels used to be. Peel the facia out from the wheel wells on each side, then the whole facia should lift off. You can do all your grill work then. The grill is held in place by a bunch of tabs inside the facia. It only took about thirty minutes to remove the facia.
thanks for the info! Is an extra person needed or is the fascia light enough for one person? Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
You are absolutely right..... The GT grille is way too big.... It would have been nice if the parts guy at the dealer would've told me that when I ordered it. I hope I can return this stuff, or else I have 400 bucks worth of crap I can't use. We shall see....
Well I sure hope you get your money back but I wouldn't sweat the grill not fitting. Your car looks great like it is.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

It's light enough to hold with one hand, but it's so long, I use two............

Quick Reply: Installing GT Grille - Any Tips for Install?