Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Pics: Paint Project Complete - Front Grilles, Fog Light Housing, Front Fascia

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default Pics: Paint Project Complete - Front Grilles, Fog Light Housing, Front Fascia

Here are the pics I wasn't able to post in my other thread on my painted bumper, side skirts, and rear decklid panel. You can find that thread here:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...this-time.html

The new pics attached below are of the front fascia (bottom), fog light housings, both front grilles, and side skirts (so you can see how it blends better now since the front is done).

I think it came out pretty good. Let me know watcha think!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Very nice vert!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:37 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Margarita Girl
Very nice vert!
Thanks! Yours too
Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Looks very biaching there Chief!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:46 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
Looks very biaching there Chief!
Thanks man. I think the paint on the front really tied the whole thing together.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Nice man it really makes the car stand out with an aggressive appearance!!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Wow man that looks great, I wasnt really a fan when you painted it yourself, no offense, just didnt look this good. Your whole front end looks really sweet now and Im not usually a fan of hood pins but they go very nicely with the whole look. I must say I think you have inspired me to get a bunch of stuff painted lol. Never even though about doing my fog light deletes, they are so ugly in plastic. I will probably end up getting every but the grills painted on mine. Looks good but just not for me and a black car. My only debate is whether or not I should get all the pieces painted black to match or possible flat black to give it a two tone unique kind of look. What do you think Dave?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! It really does look mean.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Wow man that looks great, I wasnt really a fan when you painted it yourself, no offense, just didnt look this good. Your whole front end looks really sweet now and Im not usually a fan of hood pins but they go very nicely with the whole look. I must say I think you have inspired me to get a bunch of stuff painted lol. Never even though about doing my fog light deletes, they are so ugly in plastic. I will probably end up getting every but the grills painted on mine. Looks good but just not for me and a black car. My only debate is whether or not I should get all the pieces painted black to match or possible flat black to give it a two tone unique kind of look. What do you think Dave?
Thanks man! If you're going to get black done, I would do the shiny black. I think it would look cleaner. It makes plastic look much LESS like plastic, like in the fog light housings, rear lower bumper, etc..... It'll class that plastic right up in my opinion You could also get a different color black (glossy) but in a slightly different color than the black you have right now, like maybe a black with metallic flakes or something in it. Nothing too "edgy" but something that would stand apart from the rest of the black paint. I think glossy black with metallic flakes for sure. Go for it!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Yea I am leaning towards shiny black, probably just gonna get it painted to match lol. I am getting my gt500 rear the end of this week so that will be my first painted part to put on after it gets done.

Quick Reply: Pics: Paint Project Complete - Front Grilles, Fog Light Housing, Front Fascia