Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Added GT500 Rear Valance to my GT

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
A_STANG_THING
1st Gear Member

Looks alot better
Old 01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by RoushGT 1
you just gotta accept that everything you hear about your car on a car forum isn't gonna be positive. learn to deal.

now for the gt500 valance it doesn't look much different. try painting it, that would help the look..just my opinion.
I do deal. But since the day I bought the car all I have heard is crap about the rear of it. Gets old and some members comment just so they can bash the rear.

I lowered the car and posted pics..Got bashed because of the rear.

Posted pics of headlight / fog-light tint... got bashing because of the rear.

Posted pics when I had the 3M clear-bra installed and got bashed for the rear...

Are you seeing a pattern? And some of those pics did not even have the full body of the car... just the front!! It's a recurring theme that gets old.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
There is always one azzhole in the crowd. Can't please everyone. Difference between you and I is I would not have put down your car that you busted your azz to purchase.

If I had nothing nice to say about your car I would have just said nothing at all....
actually im entitled to my opinion, i get bashed for moding a v6 all the time, suck it up. there are other options to make your rear look better that will come out soon. i didnt say your car is ugly just the rear ( i actually love every thing about the new body style except for the rear). if you like your rear then cool that is all that matters but not everyone does and i know i am not the only one with this opinion. if you dont like my opinion then i am sorry but i am entitled to it. im not gonna sit here and lie and suck up just to be nice, when someone posts on a forum like this, you cant expect every comment to go your way. i wasn't gonna act like this but there were other ways you could have responded to my post or just completely ignored it. you chose to call me names, real mature way of handling the situation.

Last edited by cardude99; 01-30-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:34 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by cardude99
actually im entitled to my opinion, i get bashed for moding a v6 all the time, suck it up. there are other options to make your rear look better that will come out soon. i didnt say your car is ugly just the rear ( i actually love every thing about the new body style except for the rear). if you like your rear then cool that is all that matters but not everyone does and i know i am not the only one with this opinion. if you dont like my opinion then i am sorry but i am entitled to it. im not gonna sit here and lie and suck up just to be nice, when someone posts on a forum like this, you cant expect every comment to go your way. i wasn't gonna act like this but there were other ways you could have responded to my post or just completely ignored it. you chose to call me names, real mature way of handling the situation.
I'm not one of those type of people who would have made a comment about you modding your V6. in fact, I am one of the ones that defend the V6 owners modding their cars. I staunchly defend your right to and don't call you stupid for modding a V6 instead of buying a V8. I don't go out of my way to purposely dis someone's car just because I don't like the front or the rear or what ever. If someone ask for an opinion about a particular mod, I'll give my opinion on that and only that. If they don't ask for an opinion... I don't offer a negative one. If i like it I will say so, but if I don't I won't say anything if my opinion wasn't asked for

Had you said I liked the original better I would have been fine with that. had you said I like the GT500 better and left it at that i would have been fine with that. I don't like the rear-end on the '05 to '09 either , but I don't go into threads and comment negatively on it...

Last edited by wilkinda; 01-30-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I'm not one of those type of people who would have made a comment about you modding your V6. in fact, I am one of the ones that defend the V6 owners modding their cars. I staunchly defend your right to and don't call you stupid for modding a V6 instead of buying a V8. I don't go out of my way to purposely dis someone's car just because I don't like the front or the rear or what ever. If someone ask for an opinion about a particular mod, I'll give my opinion on that and only that. If they don't ask for an opinion... I don't offer a negative one. If i like it I will say so, but if I don't I won't say anything if my opinion wasn't asked for

Had you said I liked the original better I would have been fine with that. had you said I like the GT500 better and left it at that i would have been fine with that. I don't like the rear-end on the '05 to '09 either , but I don't go into threads and comment negatively on it...
I'm with you Wilki and well said BTW...

For the bashers out there and since I'm also entitled to my opinion, I'll say that if you have nothing nice to say about a particular mod on someone's car (especially when it's off topic like it is the case here, valence panel isn't the whole rear), you should also be entitle to shut the hell up!
How 'bout that concept for a change?
Because in the end, it adds jack schit positively to the subject at hand.

It is getting old... things like:
-"I smoked my tail lights on my 2010, what do you guys think?"
-"I don't like the 2010 rear."

Ding, ding, ding: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! Another moron that can't even tell if those tail lamps are any improvement or not, lol.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:36 PM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I'm with you Wilki and well said BTW...

For the bashers out there and since I'm also entitled to my opinion, I'll say that if you have nothing nice to say about a particular mod on someone's car (especially when it's off topic like it is the case here, valence panel isn't the whole rear), you should also be entitle to shut the hell up!
How 'bout that concept for a change?
Because in the end, it adds jack schit positively to the subject at hand.

It is getting old... things like:
-"I smoked my tail lights on my 2010, what do you guys think?"
-"I don't like the 2010 rear."

Ding, ding, ding: WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!! Another moron that can't even tell if those tail lamps are any improvement or not, lol.
wow now im a moron? haha i find that hilarious. i dont think i have ever been on a forum where such comments take place. i make one comment, that is an opinion about the rear bumper (i guess i need to put bumper in my posts) and i get all of this. if you cant handle an opinion that is different than yours positive or negative then why are you on an internet forum? i dont think what i have said was bad at all. but apparently i am an ******* and moron according to you guys because i made one comment. hahahahaha wow that is truly amazing

oh and my comment was totally on topic but i guess it was my bad when i say rear, i meant rear valence, same thing imo but i guess most people dont feel that way. none the less i am still entitled to say what i said.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cardude99
wow now im a moron? haha i find that hilarious. i dont think i have ever been on a forum where such comments take place. i make one comment, that is an opinion about the rear bumper (i guess i need to put bumper in my posts) and i get all of this. if you cant handle an opinion that is different than yours positive or negative then why are you on an internet forum? i dont think what i have said was bad at all. but apparently i am an ******* and moron according to you guys because i made one comment. hahahahaha wow that is truly amazing

oh and my comment was totally on topic but i guess it was my bad when i say rear, i meant rear valence, same thing imo but i guess most people dont feel that way. none the less i am still entitled to say what i said.
Did I call you a moron??
Didn't think so, but way to spin it sport!
Can you read English OK?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Kona6Stang10
3rd Gear Member

Looks great man.....My second favorite mod so far!

First being my exhaust lol

I am thinkin I may eventually get the "deflectors" after i get wheels...it may help the rear stay cleaner....ya know keep tire rubber and road grime off the car.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Ignore him... I am just soooo tired of the haters of the new rear looking for a thread to make the negative comments about it.

I always try and put a positive light on someone's mods. If I can't I just don't make any response at all unless an opinion IS ASKED FOR. Some people just feel a need to be negative. So let him...
Old 01-31-2010, 06:31 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

they need to make a forum room for only 2010-2011 mustangs that way it will minimize the bashings in the future.....dont know why they didnt do that from the beginning....

Quick Reply: Added GT500 Rear Valance to my GT