Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Discussion on 2011 Colours

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:25 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

Grabber Blue is a great color for a Stang, stands out, just like the rest of the car. Just a little too attention getting for me...I already hear far too many comments about me and my mid-life crisis car.

So I went the Kona Blue. Racing stripes are silver but getting replaced this week with white due to wear issues with the silver material (top shelf 3M Marine grade vinyl). The Kona has much of the dark color glossy look that black does, but for me, just more interesting. I get many compliments on the color. And no. it is not my second childhood car. It's my first childhood...I just never grew up!

The silver and gray are very nice, just not my first preference. Same for black.

Not a big personal fan of red cars in general...of course if someone offered me one with a prancing stallion on the side I guess I graciously accept it.

BUT all that said, if the strong Orange or yellow were available in 2010, no question, I would have been all over it. The late 2011 yellow looks a little weak...not the kind of yellow Mustang I'd have to have.

Different strokes, get what YOU like, you have to pay for it and drive it.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

Dark Grey man Black is a PIA! Good thing mine is garage kept
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 AM
LB75

I had a silver 98 V6 and loved it. The grays and silvers always look classy to me.

Black looks great, but having owned a black F150 for the last 6 years, no thanks on trying to keep it clean.

Red has just never done anything for me.

Orange and yellow look great.

The first time I saw the new Stang in Grabber Blue felt like the first time I saw *****. I was hooked immediately.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Once color that I hope Ford never brings back is Slime Green Puke, Slime Green Metallic, Neon Green Bile, and any other green for that matter. The neon and lime greens that the factories paint these cars (not just 'Stangs, but also Camaros & any other make of car) are just disgusting.

The only shad of green that I think that would be appealing are the darker shades of gree, maybe a blue mixed in, kind of like a dark sea green, or a dark sea green metallic.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 AM
traxiii

I prefer Highland Green like my old '67 Fastback, but they save that for the Bullitt every few years. My current Mustang '04 is Black as well as my F150, but if I had to choose the colors available now, Kona Blue just looks deep dark and nasty, though I'd love to just buy a black one and paint it Highland Green with black everything else.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Duffinator

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
Grabber Blue: Not my cup of tea, unless it has enough black to contrast the blue like I see many grabber blue owners have.

Kona Blue Metallic: I see two different pictures of this colour. One looks beautiful in bright light at just the right angle. The other looks dull and too dark. They should have brightened it slightly like the guardsman blue on the 60s cobras.

Sterling Grey Metallic: I like this. It gives it a strong rocky look.
These are the three colors I'm thinking about. I agree with your assessment on the Kona but I may still get it anyway. I dig the grabber blue but my wife hates it. My son loves it too and it's a possibility. But I might get the Sterling "Stealth" Grey and if I do I'll order it with the red leather interior. Anyone else like the red leather?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:06 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

I like the red leather and am also thinking about ordering it with the grey. I'd love to see some photos of that combination.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:16 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rollin9208gt
I concur. I didn't like the color when I first seen it, but I love it. Had black stripes put on my '11 yesterday and it looks even better.
How about a photo with the stripes?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:51 AM
rollin9208gt

Sorry for the delay, I don't get here much. There is a picture of my car in my albums. I bought new wheels a few weeks ago. I need to upload some photos w/the new wheels too. I'm on the laptop right now, I'll get them on later.

Cell phone pic...sorry:

Last edited by rollin9208gt; 08-24-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
jrstorm

I have a 2010 kona blue I love this color it does sometimes appear to have a purple hue to it and yes it is a little dark, everything shows on it

Quick Reply: Discussion on 2011 Colours