Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Finally! Pics of fixed stripes and new Roush M90 supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Finally! Pics of fixed stripes and new Roush M90 supercharger!

I got the car back Friday night and didn't get to drive it that much. I went to the drive in Austin yesterday and had a blast. The car is a completely different beast now. I seriously need some new wheels and tires for the new power. I also haven't posted images of the stripes since they were fixed so here they are along with the blower pics and a short, poor quality blower vid from my iPhone.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
mikenavy
1st Gear Member

Black wheels please
Old 04-11-2010, 10:54 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikenavy
Black wheels please
Exactly. I am leaning towards black bullets after seeing them on the AM grabber blue in their recent ads. car has 19" wheels, weight diff between the 18" and 20" bullets according to what i found online is only about 1.5 pounds between the two. Can't decide, the AM car has 20" wheels and looks awesome, i typically stick with 18" wheels though. Saw 18" wheel on an AM banner with the same car and it looked like too much rubber.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

BAHHH, that ridiculous.....congrats! Enjoy your supercharger, i'm going to go sob like a little schoolgirl (until i can get one of those).

Concur on the black bullets....my plan is 18x9 and 18x10 with some 305/45/18 fatty's on the back....OH YEAHHHH !..! !..!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

The stripes look better, are you happy with them now?

I thought you removed the headlight covers? Do you have tint on them now?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68

Yeah i removed the headlight covers, they were scratching the paint. that is precut tint from Stangmods. i write product reviews and other stuff for a living so i worked out a deal with him to write some how to's in exchange for a few product samples. the tint looks just like the covers, only no paint scratching. The wouldn't let me return the crappy headlight covers. I can't believe how poorly they fit. i contacted the manufacturer about a warranty issue on them, but they didn't even bother to get back to me. the place i bought them from won't take them back, they say contact the manufacturer. Lol, stuck with them now i guess. anyway, stay away from the GTS covers for a 10 for headlights, they suck.

PS - i don't proof my posts but i do proof my work, in case you are wondering lol

Last edited by ShaneM; 04-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68

Yeah, i am happy with them for the most part. there are a couple areas that bother me, but i am very picky about my car. no one else notices. it was kind of cool at the cruise this weekend. There were some bad *** cars there, but lots of people along the route were pointing my car out, i was proud. there were some tricked out show quality cars there and folks were looking at mine and saying how nice the interior was. it's bone stock on the inside, ford did a great job with the premium interior. I only wish they made the door panels grabber blue rather than black with GB stitching like they made them red on the red interior cars. lol don't really care if others like it, but it's cool to see people appreciate what you do to your car.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Congrats man. I was so close to getting mine a month earlier than planned....then the ex-wife decides that I should pay for my kids college expenses solely...so I had to use $2550 of the money saved to hire an attorney.... Man I hate that chick
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
FreshPuck
1st Gear Member

ahh thats awesome! I cannot wait for the day that I can get blown!! I really hope inside a year i'll be joinin the club...
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM
BAKnBLK2010
1st Gear Member

Congrats!!! I wish I had the ***** and the cash to do what you have done. I made a promise to the wife that when I got the new GT there would be no serious cash spent on it. BOO HOO. Can you here me crying like a baby???

Quick Reply: Finally! Pics of fixed stripes and new Roush M90 supercharger!