Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Am i right to be irritated about this....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Am i right to be irritated about this....

So I have mentioned here the trouble i had with the super snake stripes on my car being wrong. i have also mentioned the problems with the roush lovers peeling off. so far i have missed 2 days of work over this. I do well for myself and being self employed those 2 days of missed work are more than $1000.

So i call the dealer, who did the stripe and louver install, this week to tell them that the louvers came off again. It looks like the problem is that the painter didn't mask the louvers off when he painted and the tape simply won;t stick to the louvers.

i told them i didn't feel like that set of louvers would ever stay on the car because of that point and i wanted to switch to a different louver. I don;t like the FRPP ones that screw onto the car so i asked for the SHR flush mount louvers.

I call the dude today and he tells me that they would be glad to install those, but they will need to charge me more. i have a credit of about $350 to apply from the roush louvers. The way i am looking at it, i am out $1000 from missed work, my car isn't right yet again, and now they expect me to pay them extra. Am i wrong for expecting them to just install them for the same price? they are telling me the labor is what i need to pay extra for. I;d think if they wanted any chance at my business again they would be bending over backwards to make me happy after the ordeal i have had with everything else.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

The install on the SHR's is way more involved than two-sided tape on the other types. How much $$$ do they want?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the SHR louvers are quite a bit more work to install. you have to remove the windows and such and take out the entire backseat/molding and such.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

He's looking into it on the price. I just feel like with all the trouble i have had with them, I shouldn't be looking at more money. Maybe I'm just pissed they fell off again and now I have to take the car back up there, costing me more money in the process.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
the SHR louvers are quite a bit more work to install. you have to remove the windows and such and take out the entire backseat/molding and such.
To hijack my own thread, are those wheels the AM 2010 GT 500 repro's by chance?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

The SHR install will take several hours ... as opposed to several minutes for the stick-ons ...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by ShaneM
To hijack my own thread, are those wheels the AM 2010 GT 500 repro's by chance?
yep they are the ones from AM
Old 04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
So I have mentioned here the trouble i had with the super snake stripes on my car being wrong. i have also mentioned the problems with the roush lovers peeling off. so far i have missed 2 days of work over this. I do well for myself and being self employed those 2 days of missed work are more than $1000.

So i call the dealer, who did the stripe and louver install, this week to tell them that the louvers came off again. It looks like the problem is that the painter didn't mask the louvers off when he painted and the tape simply won;t stick to the louvers.

i told them i didn't feel like that set of louvers would ever stay on the car because of that point and i wanted to switch to a different louver. I don;t like the FRPP ones that screw onto the car so i asked for the SHR flush mount louvers.

I call the dude today and he tells me that they would be glad to install those, but they will need to charge me more. i have a credit of about $350 to apply from the roush louvers. The way i am looking at it, i am out $1000 from missed work, my car isn't right yet again, and now they expect me to pay them extra. Am i wrong for expecting them to just install them for the same price? they are telling me the labor is what i need to pay extra for. I;d think if they wanted any chance at my business again they would be bending over backwards to make me happy after the ordeal i have had with everything else.
If you like the Roush ones why not take the $350 credit and order a brand new set and install yourself and pocket the difference? I want to say mine were $310 (with forum 5% off) shipped and painted directly from Roush (ordered through stage 3 motorsport). Super easy install. I did mine in about 30 mins and they wont budge at all.

If you had them painted by someone other than Roush they may have messed it up. If it was painted by Roush I'd say you either just got a bad set or the installer (more likely) didn't clean the surface of the car they way they should. I.E. If you have ever waxed the car before and they didn't clean the surface with a good cleaner (I used alchohol) the tape would stand no chance of sticking
Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
larrybfast

that sucks! sorry to hear you are going through such a mess! hopefully it all gets cleared up soon.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by black2010
If you like the Roush ones why not take the $350 credit and order a brand new set and install yourself and pocket the difference? I want to say mine were $310 (with forum 5% off) shipped and painted directly from Roush (ordered through stage 3 motorsport). Super easy install. I did mine in about 30 mins and they wont budge at all.

If you had them painted by someone other than Roush they may have messed it up. If it was painted by Roush I'd say you either just got a bad set or the installer (more likely) didn't clean the surface of the car they way they should. I.E. If you have ever waxed the car before and they didn't clean the surface with a good cleaner (I used alchohol) the tape would stand no chance of sticking

These were one of the things the dealer threw into the deal when i bought my car. I'm not sure how they prepped them. the tape is sticking like crazy to the car, i can;t get it off. It just wont stick to the louvers. There Is some over spray on the ribs where the tape goes, i think the guy just didn't prep them correctly at the dealer.

Quick Reply: Am i right to be irritated about this....