Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Color matching rear valance

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Nathan0490
1st Gear Member

Default Color matching rear valance

Has anyone done this except for STILLEN? What I mean is has anyone painted the plastic part on the lower section of the bumper the same color as the car? I have seen STILLEN's car with this done and it looked great. I'm scheduled to have the rear valance and my mirrors as well as a few other things done to my car at the body shop this Wednesday.

(STILLEN Car)

Last edited by Nathan0490; 06-07-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Ringo01
2nd Gear Member

That looks pretty good... do you have any more pics? And put some pics up when your car is finished!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Sory to say but that is actually our rear valance. That is NOT the painted stock piece. We tried it both ways and decided that just color matching wasn't the way to go. We could sell you our lower rear valance though!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Nathan0490
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team STILLEN
Sory to say but that is actually our rear valance. That is NOT the painted stock piece. We tried it both ways and decided that just color matching wasn't the way to go. We could sell you our lower rear valance though!
Do you have a side by side comparison of the two pieces?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team STILLEN
Eric, i have yet to see the lower valance on your car from directly behind. It's really hard to tell what it looks like on the whole with that side shot. Do you have a full on rear shot of the car you can share? Whats the price on the valence as well?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
EscapedGreg
1st Gear Member

I've benn told that you have to smooth out the factory one to paint it cause it looks horrible if you try to paint it while rough. I don't know how it looks cause I haven't seen it done personally.
I am interested in doing the same thing but am turned off by the aftermarket ones cause I don't want a whole body kit and I think just the rear piece will hang down to far and not look right.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Nathan0490
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EscapedGreg
I've benn told that you have to smooth out the factory one to paint it cause it looks horrible if you try to paint it while rough. I don't know how it looks cause I haven't seen it done personally.
I am interested in doing the same thing but am turned off by the aftermarket ones cause I don't want a whole body kit and I think just the rear piece will hang down to far and not look right.
You do have to smooth it down, the shop is going to do that for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:09 PM
m0nkeydump
2nd Gear Member

Is this the same rear valance being sold by Street Scene?

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...r-Valance.html
Old 06-07-2010, 04:21 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by m0nkeydump
Is this the same rear valance being sold by Street Scene?

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...r-Valance.html
Yep that's the same car. That looks pretty good honestly, reminds me of the 09 down GT500. I wonder how that woudl look with stock side skirts in black, probably not good and I'm not such a big fan of the sides that go with it.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Yes, the Street Scene valance is our rear bumper. This design was a co-op between our two companies and has had a great response so far. That image is a perfect shot from the rear so that should help a lot for those who need a different angle. The pricing is spot on as well, expect that buying direct this month we have a domestic performance sale for 2010 Mustang and 2010 Camaro on our urethane body parts. $225 with FREE shipping!

Quick Reply: Color matching rear valance