Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Interested in the RTR body kit, look here to ask questions to the maker

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Interested in the RTR body kit, look here to ask questions to the maker

So we have been talking about the cool RTR body kit in a couple threads around here over the last week or so. I know a couple of you have dropped emails to the company about the body kit as separates. Not being one to take other folks' word for things, i emailed the RTR folks myself to ask a few questions and this is what I received back:

Shane,

The RTR Package is all ready to go now. As far as offering an RTR "Appearance" package....this topic is on the top of our priority list and we will likely be selling the appearance pieces separately (as opposed to putting together a "package") through the Ford Dealerships as well as through our own store. Without having a solid time frame (because this is still brand new), I can only guess that these body components will likely become available in the next couple months (if not sooner). I will be able to get back to you with more details on Friday as there is a meeting scheduled for this very reason tomorrow. I will get back to you as soon as I have further details.

On a side note, I wanted to make mention that the front Chin Spoiler on this car is in fact the CDC Chin spoiler and the splitter is also made by CDC. Therefore you will be able to encorporate the fog light kit or brake duct kit into this package once they become available from CDC. Also, all lower components are molded in textured black and the spoiler is stamped aluminum. None of these components require paint as they are all molded in black (with the exception of the spoiler which is painted in flat black). If you have any further questions in the meantime, let me know and I can either provide some answers or bring them to the meeting tomorrow.
So they are having a meeting about the kit as separates tomorrow, Friday the 10th of June. If you are interested and have quesitons for these guys let's put them together and i will forward them over to the person (no offense Reon if you are reading, I'm not sure if you are male or female) who can get us some answers. Let's show that there is interest in this kit, i am really digging it and hope it comes to market soon outside the Ford dealer.

The two obvious questions are how much and when, add others below and maybe we can get some deets tomorrow.

Last edited by ShaneM; 06-09-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:14 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Another email from these folks, really nice people:

Shane,

The first two questions I can't answer at the moment, at least not until after the meeting tomorrow. The spoiler actually mounts using 3M acrylic bonding tape around the entire perimeter of the spoiler and the two most outward holes (farthest back and farthes out) from the stock spoiler. So, not only does it cover all factory holes, it re-uses two of them and seals the rest with 3M tape. All other components are installed using factory mounting points with a situational exception of the splitter/chin spoiler setup. That meaning, if you already have the Chin spoiler, you'd need to drill the holes into it in order to mount the splitter (buying the package together, they'd already be mounted). I will be sure to give you an update after the meeting tomorrow, though I am not totally sure if we'll have a concensus as to when these parts will be available individually yet, I'll let you know either way.
First two questions were when and how much if you are wondering. OH and the chin is the CDC one with an extra splitter that is already mounted if you buy the RTR, but can apparently be fitted to the CDC chin separately if you have the chin already.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

i actually like the RTR emblem, i might ask about the fender badges.....

im kinda sick of people staring at mine hoping for 5.0 to be there, then i see their disappointed faces. i never thought i would hate having GT written on the side of my car
Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

At least that dude gave you some info. Each of my emails to the other guy netted nothing good like yours. The guy that responded to my emails to the RTR site was the same guy that responded when I wrote to CDC asking about the lower portions. I want these parts. Not sure about putting a RTR badge on though, as the only thing I would have in common is a lower body. I do feel your pain Lil_Chef, im getting real sick of "what engine is in that?" followed by a straightening of the face and a melancholy "oh...".
Old 06-09-2010, 05:35 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
At least that dude gave you some info. Each of my emails to the other guy netted nothing good like yours. The guy that responded to my emails to the RTR site was the same guy that responded when I wrote to CDC asking about the lower portions. I want these parts. Not sure about putting a RTR badge on though, as the only thing I would have in common is a lower body. I do feel your pain Lil_Chef, im getting real sick of "what engine is in that?" followed by a straightening of the face and a melancholy "oh...".
What you guys need is a blower. Then you can say its supercharged.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
that will be my christmas present to myself i have it narrowed down to either the edelbrock or the new roush R2300, or the saleen VI.5 supercharger. either way i get about 450 rwhp at 5lb of boost. i decided to do my suspension and brakes over the summer, im a twisties guy so i had to get my priorities straight :/
Old 06-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Im doing some appearance mods while I burn through some of the cars warranty miles. After that will be suspension, then brakes. Xmas or early next year should be forced induction.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
i actually like the RTR emblem, i might ask about the fender badges.....

im kinda sick of people staring at mine hoping for 5.0 to be there, then i see their disappointed faces. i never thought i would hate having GT written on the side of my car
when i het a 5.0 i actually want gt badges to keep it a little sleeperish lol
Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Any update on availability of these parts individual part numbers?
Really interested in getting the pieces to ad to the sides of the gt500 diffuser to complement my side splitters!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:17 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4literv6
Any update on availability of these parts individual part numbers?
Really interested in getting the pieces to ad to the sides of the gt500 diffuser to complement my side splitters!
The last I heard form them was that there was no intention of putting it out as individual pieces for now. they are signing up dealers and it seems they only want to sell the full kit at $8K for now. Too bad really, I'll just go on with the other mods i planned. They did tell me that the chin for the RTR car is the CDC aggressive chin and that the splitter will bolt right on that the RTR uses. that means you can add it later. From looking at the side skirts, I believe they are just the stockers with the Roush style splitters, which you can already buy. The rear valance was one of my favorite parts. That said, i think its just a GT500 repro with the flat piece laid over the bottom. Basically you can recreate 95% of this kit right now.

Quick Reply: Interested in the RTR body kit, look here to ask questions to the maker