Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

New Wheels / Roush Rear Fascia / Chrome Mirrors and Handles

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default Pics: New Wheels / Roush Rear Fascia / Chrome Mirrors and Handles

Alright...... Here are some pics of my most recent updates. First, I added the Roush rear fascia. I've had it for a while but had to wait on my buddy's shop to free up so I could get it painted...... Second, the new wheels. Definitely CHROME To match the chrome on the new wheels I added chrome mirror covers and door handles. The mirror covers are in the "trial stage" because I'm not sure how I feel about them yet. I like how the more classic cars had chrome mirrors which is why I tried them in the first place.

Let me know what you think!

Close up of Rear Fascia:

Everything else:

Last edited by discodave; 11-23-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:52 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Looks awesome as always!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

The wheels and rear look great! Not really feeling the mirror covers personally.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:17 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Dave have you seen the new 2011 Roush exhaust tips?? They are the same shape as the opening of the rear valance!! Gives a nice finished look. i saw them on a Stage2 at the local dealer
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
The wheels and rear look great! Not really feeling the mirror covers personally.
I'm pretty sure the mirror covers won't last past the "trial stage"

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Dave have you seen the new 2011 Roush exhaust tips?? They are the same shape as the opening of the rear valance!! Gives a nice finished look. i saw them on a Stage2 at the local dealer
Thanks for the tip man. I'll check those out for sure.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

The painted silver pieces look terrific with the white. The chrome mirrors are not my favorite, have you thought about painting them silver like the other pieces?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

I think if you paint the mirrors and plastic that hold it to the car silver and get a new billet upper and lower grille like on my car, then your car will be amazing. Plus I don't think you should get those Roush exhaust tips, they look too Camaro to me, but if you happen to like them, its your car not mine and slap them on and be happy

BEAUTIFUL CAR BRO!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 PM
MARZ
1st Gear Member

Dave, how have your painted side rockers and rear valence held up? I was told that paint has a hard time adhering to this type of textured plastic and, if one did paint these parts, it wouldn't stand up to rock dings, etc.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Dave, how have your painted side rockers and rear valence held up? I was told that paint has a hard time adhering to this type of textured plastic and, if one did paint these parts, it wouldn't stand up to rock dings, etc.
The paint has held up really well. As long as whoever paints the parts puts plenty of layers of clear it should hold up just fine.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 AM
MARZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
The paint has held up really well. As long as whoever paints the parts puts plenty of layers of clear it should hold up just fine.
Did your painter have to concoct some kind of special primer on which to lay the paint?

He isn't interested in painted a Saleen grille for me, is he?

Quick Reply: New Wheels / Roush Rear Fascia / Chrome Mirrors and Handles